- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Q-Games Announce PixelJunk Shooter 2 Patch is Now Live on PSN
President and Executive Producer Dylan Cuthbert at Q-Games Limited has announced today that the PixelJunk Shooter 2 patch is now live on PSN.
To quote: Hey everyone! I am happy to announce a patch for PixelJunk Shooter 2. We've changed a few things. Read on for the full list:
- There was a bug where some enemies would spawn right on top of you giving you that awesome "insta-death" you really don't want in a game... well, we fixed it!
- The online connectivity has been tuned to allow you to hook up with other players much more easily. Try it out!
- If you get matched against a higher ranking player you get a nice large cash bonus (Q space bucks of course) if you win! This gives you a big incentive to challenge yourself more when you get matched up against someone who seems better than you. Hint: stay calm and use strategy, you can definitely take them!
- We added an option to the pause screen that lets you take a break in the middle of a stage and come back later to finish it off. So when your mom calls you to the dinner table just choose that option, go eat your dinner *and* be nice to the environment by switching off your PS3!
- Even if you kill a few survivors and get a game over screen you can "continue" - your score will be reset, but if you are just exploring and trying to get as far as you can this feature stops you from being thrown back to the start of a stage just because a few puny survivors happen to have gotten in the way of your missiles.
- A message on the pause screen lets you know if there are any diamonds still hidden in the current screen. This is very handy when you are searching out that last diamond in order to unlock the awesomely cool secret last stage!
- Acid walls aren't as nasty anymore - we gave the giant alien whose insides you are exploring some antacid and he's feeling a lot better now!
We have another PixelJunk announcement or two for over the next few weeks, so stay tuned...and enjoy the new-and-improved PixelJunk Shooter 2.
More PlayStation 3 News...