PS4 Concept Renders: Complete with PlayStation 4 Technology
With rumors that Sony could start PS4 production at the end of 2011, Joseph Dumary has shared some interesting PlayStation 4 concept renders complete with futuristic technology included.
Below is a summary of potential PlayStation 4 features and specs based on the PS4 concept renders from Joseph Dumary, as follows:
PS4 Concept Render Features:
- PS4 will be part of the PlayEco line which uses 0 watts in standby.
- ECO Restart function allows the player to save their game and turn off the console, turn it on and resume the game without loading where they left off.
- PS4 will automatically shut off primary power after each 30 minute period of playtime and draw energy from a rechargeable battery for 5 minutes.
- Playr (PlayReserve) rechargeable battery also assists in preventing data loss during a power outage.
- PS4 offers retro appeal - looks like a mix between a PlayStation 2 Slim and a Memory Card.
- PlayStation 4 will be made of 60% recycled material, a magnesium alloy and carbon (25%).
- PS4 is light and efficient, weighs only 2.1 KG, and consumes only 90 watts.
- PS4 will be compatible with PS Vita, allowing players to use it as a remote control for browsing the Internet or play some games using the touch capabilities.
- PlayStation 4 will also be compatible with Sony tabs and all Sony devices with multitasking capability allowing users to pause a game, go to PlayStation Community Gaming, watch videos on the YouTube application and resume the game.
- PlayStation Community Gaming will be a portal dedicated to gamers, where you can chat (text or video) with other players, share your games, walkthroughs, or connect with players having the same game with the search function.
PS4 Concept Render Hardware and Software Specs:
- PS4 will include a 1.5TB HDD
- Full 3D 4K2K compatible, DLNA, DPhdmi (HDMI Connect)
- 3D Blu-ray (Blu Ray DEUCE Compatible: 3 times more data than the classic Blu ray disc)
- USB 3.0
- DPConnect Bravia Sync
- Sony Ericsson Sync
- Cloud Saving
- Live TV and applications
- DPHDMI (or HDMI Connect) - If users do not have a compatible DPConnect TV's, the DPHDMI allows to connect the console to your TV wirelessly.
- All audio systems are detected automatically.
- Open Reality support on some games, meaning they will reproduce the weather and time in real time.
- DPConnect Advanced allows PS4 to connect wirelessly to compatible DPConnect TVs - no HDMI or other A/V cables required.
- TVs will be automatically detected and selected according to the resolution of the screen by default - all in less than 4ms.
- DPConnect Advanced allows for two (or six) players on two (or six) different TVs with the same console, so everyone can see his game without splitscreen. The distance between the console and the TV should be 7.5m maximum.
- PS4 controller has a light sensor (for screen luminosity), an option screen to adjust settings such as the rigidity of the analog sticks (the stick will be difficult to maneuver in some parts of certain games for total immersion), and the battery level.
- PS4 screen allows players to access options including battery management and some option adjustments of the PS4 console without pausing.
- PS4 Controls charge via USB or inductive charging.
- PS4 includes a one-touch power button, and all options appear.
Feel free to share your feedback on whether this PS4 concept design would float or sink, or if you have any other ideas for PlayStation 4 features!
More PlayStation 3 News...
More PS4 concept pics for the first post...
somwhat reminds me of the thermaltake 10 case.
Ewww cool as hell.
This is the ugliest design i have ever seen.
All of that is not gonna come cheap I'd be guessing it cost you about £1500 on launch.
TBH I couldn't care less about all that 3d stuff.
man some of these features are too good to be true.