PS3 System Software Update v4.65 Arrives, Network Status Updates
Following up on their previous update, today Sony announced that PS3 System Software Update v4.65 is now available as a minor optional update alongside details on their current PlayStation Network status below.
Download: PS3 Firmware Update v4.65 (US) / PS3 Firmware Update v4.65 (EU) / PS3 Firmware Update v4.65 (JP)
Related PS3 v4.65 Downloads:
- norpatch.exe (v4.65.0) by judges
- IrisMAN 3.24 (WIP) / faniso_2.06.rar (with v4.65 CFW CEX Support) / IrisMAN v3.24 / webMAN MOD 1.30.22 Multi 19 / PS3 Tools Collection 2.7.29 (with OFW v4.65 Support) / Fan Control Utility (ISO) v2.07 (with v4.65 CFW CEX Support) / Fan Control Utility (No GUI) v2.07 (with v4.65 CFW CEX Support) / RetroXMB_Creator.rar (PSX Engine with v4.65 CFW Support) by aldostools
- payload4.65_mamba_4_65_for_iris317.rar / PRX Loader v1.06u (with 4.65 CEX CFW Support) / PRX Loader v1.07 (with 4.65 DEX CFW Support) by Joonie
- GameSonic Manager v3.16 - v3.20 (with 4.65 Payload Support) by Orion
- Remove Cinavia for 4.60 / 4.65 MFW (RC.rar) by butnut
- PS3Ultimate Cinavia Protection Tool v1.02 by bitsbubba
- PS3~dev_blind .zip (PS3 BD DVD Cinavia Patch) by Habib and Mysis
- Our MFW 1.0.0.rar (PS3MFW Updated for 4.65) by haz367
- PS3 System Manager v1.3 (Updated for 4.65) by Orion
- PS3 NOR and NAND Auto Patcher v4.65 by Darkiris
- PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler v5.6.0 for 4.65 CEX by Nathan_r32_69
- Iris Manager 2.93 (Unofficial 4.65 Support Update) by BillGates
- CCAPI_2.00_for_4.46-4.65.rar Mod by Joonie
- PS3 CCAPI v2.60 (ControlConsoleAPI) Supports 4.60, 4.65 & Cobra CFW by FM|T Enstone
To quote via PlayStation Twitter: New PS3 system software 4.65 is a minor optional update that improves stability during the use of some features
Network update: engineers are aware of connectivity issues, are working to resolve. We'll keep you posted - apologies for the inconvenience
Network connectivity is being restored. Thanks for your patience.
PS3 System Software / Firmware Update v4.65 Changelog:
- Minor optional update that improves stability during the use of some features.
From hellsing9: Idk but there are several BD firms in this update.
[Register or Login to view code]
From haz367 regarding PS3 MFW 4.65: anyways, u checked 465 already? so far done, previous u did update the task for 460, specially the REACT OFFLINE vsh patch although it got patched, u sure the second part is correct?! looks more a Firmw 446>34 patch?! updated that one + for 465... testing atm...
[Register or Login to view code]
From Joonie86: Calm down guys, there is no changes in bd firmware nor the sv_iso [iso handling functions of PS3 games]
I'm going to get lv2dump and trying to port some payloads, I'm pretty sure it will work and also going to try habib's anti-ode patch.
From butnut on his Remove Cinavia patch for 4.60 and 4.65 MFW (linked above): This is for 4.60 and 4.65 only. It will replace the files:
So backup your files first if you want. This will not remove Cinavia from optical disc based media.
From bitsbubba: Why do people keep insisting on replacing all 3 of these files: videoeditor_plugin.sprx & videoplayer_util.sprx are the exact same files on DEX or CEX. The only file that needs replacing is videoplayer_plugin.sprx.
From butnut in rebuttal: Because the guy that came up with the method in the first place said he traced Cinavia in all three files. I'm just doing what he said, and I have never had any issues with it.
This is what tical said back in 2011: "I have traced the Cinavia DRM checks to 4 separate sprx files and after a long time trying to patch these files I have found that 3 of those files are present in the DEBUG (DEX) firmware don't have the Cinavia DRM checks enabled. Files are videoplayer_util sprx, videoplayer_plugin sprx and videoeditor_plugin sprx.
I have successfully copied these 3 sprx files from DEBUG (DEX) FW 341 over to my retail PS3 unit running OFW 341 using dev_blind and Cinavia seems to be now disabled. I've confirmed this by playing back a number of Cinavia affected video files.
This means that Cinavia is now disabled for all DLNA playback and copying, but Cinavia checks on AVCHD and BD playback are still present with Message Code 3 that mutes the audio as the sprx file with the Cinavia check bdp_plugin sprx is not present in DEX firmware because BD playback is disabled in DEBUG. If someone is able to patch Cinavia out of bdp_plugin sprx this will be solved too.
I have created a new task for PS3MFW so this can be easily made part of any new MFW's as needed. Any FW version that has had the DEX firmware leaked should be able to be used to create a CFW of the same version. eg DEX 3.41 -> MFW 341 or DEX 355 -> MFW 355 etc etc. Don't use sprx files from different FW versions! See git hacks for change_cinavia_files task source.
Big thanks to the KaKaRoTo and REBUG team for their community contributions as this would have never been possible without the knowledge they've shared with us.
PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE WHEN MESSING WITH YOU PS3 SO DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR PS3 IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR PS3."
From aldostools comes an updated Fan Control Utility (ISO / No GUI) v2.07 (linked above) with the following changes:
Fan Control Utility (ISO/No GUI) 2.07
This is an unofficial version of Fan Control Utility by Estwald that auto-quits immediately to XMB after set the fan policy. Hold (X) for 10 seconds to enable the GUI. The settings will be saved in the internal HDD, if the included PKG is installed and dev_hdd0/game/CTRLFAN00/fan_speed.dat exists.
New in v2.07:
- Added payloads to support 4.65 CEX (Thanks to my GetSymbols tool).
Note: The AUTOBOOT.ISO for COBRA 7 auto-quits. There are 2 PKG files: one has no GUI, the other always shows the GUI. If you use CFW COBRA 7, you can use the Dynamic Fan Control option in webMAN 1.30 or webMAN-MOD 1.30.x.
Thanks to Estwald for the payload for 4.55CEX, PS3L1GHT environment and the open source project. Thanks to HABIB for the payloads for 4.46/4.50/4.53CEX/4.60CEX, Rancid-O for DEX payloads.
PS3 BD DVD Cinavia Patch by Habib and Mysis (linked above) with details below, as follows:
Mysis, the world famous reverse engineer & myself (Habib) worked together in this release, it took us >3 weeks to crack.
Now I present you the patches which will make this Cinavia patch easily portable for hdd content without the need of dex fw. Example taken from 4.55 from videoplayer_plugin.sprx:
[Register or Login to view code]
This might be needed if dex fw isn't available for your cfw version and ofc these patches are portable for e.g 4.65
- BDMV and BDVD Cinavia patched
- Support for 4.55-4.60
- Run ZIP file in multiMAN (mmOS)
Credits / Thanks:
- hethemlrijk for his testing.
From aldostools (via Matsumot0) also comes a list of full offsets, as follows:
I found these offsets in cex versions of videoplayer_plugin.sprx just for fun
[Register or Login to view code]
Finally, as usual PlayStation 3 scene profiteer garyopa recommends ODE users not update to PS3 Firmware 4.65 until it is examined by PlayStation 3 developers of their device to see if any further blocking protection has been added since the last revision.
Update: It is now confirmed as SAFE to update to v4.65 as it will work fine with v2.2 and DMC on all consoles, with more details available here.
More PlayStation 3 News...
4.65 update demo mode?
Need some help please. I updated to 4.65 but ps3 locked up so had to reset.
Came back on and now saying demo mode??
Any suggestions on how to get out of this mode please.
Redownload and reinstall FW.
PS3 4.65 Spoof Enabler / Disabler by Arachetous for PSN on CFW Out
Following up on Sony's PS3 Firmware v4.65 release and his previous update, today French PlayStation 3 developer arachetous made available a PS3 4.65 Spoof Enabler / Disabler which allows 4.xx CEX CFW users to connect to PSN with details below.
Download: Spoof 4.65 for all CFW 4.xx v1.06 by ARCH.pkg / Spoof 4.65 for all CFW 4.xx v1.06 by ARCH.pkg (Mirror) / SPOOF 4.65 for all CFW 4.xx v1.07 by ARCH.pkg
To quote, roughly translated: 4.65 Spoof Enabler/Disabler - Spoof 4.65 for all CFW 4.xx
SPOOF package 4.65 for all CFW CEX 4.60 / 4.55 / 4.50 / Rebug REX 4.46.1 / Unofficial Rebug 4.53.1.
The connection to the PSN then works enjoy !
- Compatible standard CFW 4.55 CEX only version
- Not compatible Rebug or CFW Cobra edition or no-BD
- Enabling and disabling spoof easily
- Add: certificate / CAxx version 4.60
- Add: support CFW 4.50 CEX Standard
Update v1.03 / v1.04:
- Add: support CFW Rebug REX 4.46.1
- Add: support CFW Rebug LITE 4.46.1 Edition
- Add: Support CFW 4.55 no-BD Edition
- Correct if bug connection psn with spoof 4.60 for rebug rex
- Add: spoof version 4.65
- Rogero 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (and no-BD edition)
- Zero / Habib 4.60 / 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (and no-BD edition)
- Ferrox 4.60 / 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (and no-BD edition)
- Arch 4.60 / 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (and no-BD edition)
- Rebug 4.46.1 REX Edition (only on Retail / Normal mode)
- Unofficial Rebug 4.53.1 (only on Retail / Normal mode)
CFW's Not compatible:
- All CFW Cobra Edition and CFW DEX or CFW 3.xx
- Delete your old spoof if you have one installed
- Download and install the package
- Launch the application, choose the version of your CFW and then choose to enable or disable the spoof 4.60
- Then put yes to two successive questions (yes to reboot, yes to hard reboot)
- Console restarts and ok
Note: For CFW's Rebug, set in normal mode through the Rebug Toolbox. If you have a PS3 that does not restart correctly.. No panic, just reinstall your CFW by the recovery mode.
CFW ARCH 4.65 FLEX v1.03 [SPOOF & WebMan INTEGRATE] (via arch-ps3-hack-mod-cfw-jailbreak.e-monsite.com/homebrew-download-telecharger-custom-firmware-dev-pup/custom-firmware/cfw-arch-flex-4-65-cex-spoof-4-70-integrate.html)
Download: CFW CEX ARCH FLEX 4.65 v1.03 [spoof 4.70 & webman integrate].rar (209.46 MB) / FLEXTOOLS v1.02.pkg (7.16 MB)
PUP MD5: 6D1085BA86D8D040D8D8BC382AD6E9F7
To quote: CFW ARCH FLEX is CEX Standard with the COBRA 7.03 added function and integrated WEBMAN.
Based on the COREOS of CFW Rebug 4.65.1 & 4.46.1 to make a CFW really very stable and both easy to use for novices.
This CFW has a spoof embedded 4.70 (only in normal mode) as well as the latest version of Webman Mod (by Aldostools) modified and adapted.
A package named flextools planned for this CFW is to simplify use, this is detailed below.
PS3 CFW CEX 4 65 ARCH FLEX v1 03 Demo Video
- Patch Peek and poke support
- Patch RSOD Bybass
- Compatible Reactpsn
- Patch BT / BluRay DISC
- Patch QA Token compatibility
- LV1 Disable System Integrity Check and allow mapping of protected memory
- Patch OtherOS ( OtherOS++ support actived )
- Patch Remote Play
- Patch Alphabetical
- Cinavia full patched
- Compatible ISO psx/ps2/psp/BD/DVD and game remaster or mini
- Version spoofer 4.70 ( connexion PSN ok ) ( enabled by default in the normal fashion only, per way for DEX )
- Latest Webman Mod by Aldostools (modified and adapted for the CFW Flex only)
- Compatible connexion ProDG ( only in DEX/debug mode )
- Compatible rebug toolbox
- All functions Debug in DEX Mode
- Webman and options install_package_file and app_home and are in a stealth folder named PlayStation 3
- Possibility of downgrade with CFW downgrader ( with QA activated )
- Compatible with any model PS3 (fat or slim)
- Compatible CCAPI 2.60 Rev2
- Change coldboot audio and video
- Change wave background
- v1.00 Beta version
- v1.01 / v1.02 - Beta 2, various bug fixes
- v1.03 - Stable version
Aldostools (for webman mod original)
DeanK (for the original coding Webman)
Rebug Team (for COREOS's)
iMCSx (for vsh patcher to fix 80710A06 error code)
When starting the ps3, Webman is automatically loaded by default.
Webman has shortcuts like:
- R2 + TRIANGLE (disable syscall and erases history before connecting to the psn for example)
- L3 + L2 + SQUARE (toggle based DEX / Debug)
- L3 + L2 + X (rocker CEX QA menu DEX menu or vice versa)
- L3 + L2 + ROUND (back to normal function)
All shortcuts are displayed in webman setting.
To disable Webman, install the FLEXTOOLS package and disable Webman or choose different options. You can disable the spoof 4.70 also with this tool.
NOTE: The fan control is enabled by default. If you find that it is unnecessary or too noisy, disable this function in Webman setting also. Installation by recovery mode recommended!
Finally, below are other some recent PS3 v4.65 Custom Firmware (CFW) releases for those interested:
- PS3 CFW 4.65 Ferrox v1.00 BD, v4.65 NoBD & OFW 4.65 DB Ferrox
- DARKNET CEX 4.65 PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) by Darkjiros
- Hishamage 4.65 CEX CFW v1.0 and Hishamage 4.65 PKG Resigner
More PlayStation 3 News...
any chance to 4.55 HABIB COBRA SPOOF to 4.65?
I thought 4.65 was optional
bean: What makes you say that? 4.65 is optional. It's 4.60 that's required. I wasn't required to update to 4.65, but I did it anyway just to have it. They'll probably come out with another update in the future that's required that includes the update features anyway, so it doesn't really matter either way.
"....developer arachetous made available a PS3 4.65 Spoof Enabler / Disabler which allows 4.xx CEX CFW users to connect to PSN...."
My point was I thought you could connect to PSN anyway. Am I mistaken?
Ah, I see. The thing is, even with the 4.65 update, there is still an updated security measure in place. So it's not officially required to update, but if you have CFW, you should consider the spoof update due to the updated security with 4.65.
ej2095 : now it is inevitably necessary that you flasher downgrade your PS3 with a modchip.
All, this spoof allows to be ready if Sony updates this bet 4.65 obligatory for PSN (what it is already produced for the updating 4.53).
SPOOF UPDATE v1.07 : fix RSOD with Rebug 4.46.1 REX