- Join Date
- Apr 2005
PS3 System Software Update v4.60 Arrives, Details Available
Following up on their previous PlayStation 3 Official Firmware update, today Sony has released a mandatory PS3 System Software Update v4.60 with details below.
Download: PS3 Firmware Update v4.60 (US) / PS3 Firmware Update v4.60 (EU) / PS3 Firmware Update v4.60 (JP) / PS3 4.60 Keys (for MFW) by Joonie86 / norpatch.exe (v4.60.0) by judges
To quote via Twitter: PlayStation Verified account: PlayStation
System software updates coming soon for PS4 (v1.72) and PS3 (v4.60), both will improve system software stability during use of some features.
As always, we will update this article with any additional or hidden features found in PS3 System Software Update v4.60 as they become available with an official changelog below.
PS3 Firmware 4.60 Changelog:
- Closed captions are now supported for playback of Blu-ray Disc titles and DVDs. To display closed captions, select [Settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions].
- The style used for closed captions, such as the font, size and color, can now be adjusted. Select [Settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions Settings].
Those interested in getting online can use the old PSN bypass methods including Yet Another Bypass v1.8 with a refresher guide below from yum114, as follows:
Download YAB here: yet another bypass 1.8.rar
1. Extract it, open the folder, and Double click YABStart. It will open and close really quickly. That's what it's supposed to do
2. Open command prompt(click the start menu on your computer, in the search box type cmd that will show you command prompt, open it)
3. Type in ipconfig
4. Write down your ipv4 address
5. Go to your ps3 go to network settings. Click custom. Set up your wifi with your network and password.
6. Keep selecting through every menu option until you get to "proxy server" and put in that ipv4 address in the address spot. Put 27 in the port number box. Accept everything and test connection. It should work now. Also, you will not have to do this again, unless you log off your router on your PS3. Or if you go to YAB folder and open the YABKill app.
From checcolin comes PSNPatch_Spoof_4.60.pkg with details below, as follows:
- Tested on Habib Custom Firmware / Cobra 4:55 v1.03, install the version of the Stealth PSNPatch v4.55.02.
- Press the select key to enter into Cobra Toolbox.
- Press the left per remove the plugin Webman.
- Then you can reinstall the plugin WebMan for the version compatible with the spoof.
- Also from Cobra Toolbox by pressing left reinstallate the plugin.
- Now you can enable it by pressing triangle spoof.
Caution: Always check the firmware version from the System Settings, if you get the version X.XX not access the PSN and disable spoof from PSNPatch.
From bitsbubba comes a PS3 4.60 Version Spoofer for Rogero / Zero 4.55 CEX CFW (4.55 version spoofer (4.60).pkg) with details below, as follows:
Download: 4.55 version spoofer (4.60).pkg
From version spoofer for Rogero/Zero 4.55 CFW
Note: Use with caution, I have no way to test, but should work fine! For those having trouble I made these 2 pkgs:
Download: psnpatch 4.55.02.pkg / psnpatch 4.55.02 [stealth].pkg
- 4.60 spoof cfg edits
- webMAN (with 4.60 spoof by aldostools)
From Orion9 (via gamesonic.it/forum/homebrew/3836-webman-v1-29-3u-matsumoto-con-spoof-4-60-orion.html#post12521) comes a working version of Webman 1.29.3u by Matsumoto with spoof 4.60 for CFW 4.46, to quote:
This is a working version of Webman 1.29.3u by Matsumoto with spoof 4.60 for CFW 4.46.
Download: Webman 1.29.3u (Spoof 4.60 for 4.46)
In the next hours I will release a version for 4.55, if there is a tester that want test send me a private message.
From arachetous (via arch-ps3-hack-mod-cfw-jailbreak.e-monsite.com/homebrew-download-telecharger-custom-firmware-dev-pup/homebrews/4-60-spoof-enabler-disabler.html) comes a 4.60 Spoof, v1.02, v1.03, v1.04, v1.05 and v1.06 updates for 4.55 CEX Standard PS3 CFW's, as follows:
Download: Spoof 4.60 for all CFW CEX Standard 4.55 by ARCH v1.01.pkg / Spoof 4.60 for all CFW CEX Standard 4.55 by ARCH v1.02.pkg / SpooF 4.60 for All CFW 4.55-4.50-4.46-CEX or REX 1.06 by ARCH.pkg (Spoof 4.60 for all CFW CEX Standard 4.55 by ARCH)
Hi friends, Here is a small spoof 4.60 for all CFW 4.55 CEX standard. The connection to the PSN then works enjoy!
- Compatible standard CFW 4.55 CEX only version
- Not compatible Rebug or CFW Cobra edition or no-BD
- Enabling and disabling spoof easily
- Add: certificate / CAxx version 4.60
- Add: support CFW 4.50 CEX Standard
- Add: bug connection psn fixed for cfw 4.50
- Add: support CFW CEX 4.55 no-BD version
- Add: support CFW CEX 4.46.1 Rebug REX [only on retail/normal mode] and LITE edition
- Add: bug connection psn fixed for cfw 4.46 rebug REX
CFW's Compatible (Up to v1.02):
- Rogero 4.55 / 4.50 CEX
- Zero / Habib 4.55 / 4.50 CEX
- Ferrox 4.55 / 4.50 CEX
- Arch 4.55 / 4.50 CEX
CFW's Not Compatible (Up to v1.02):
- All CFW Rebug or Cobra Edition and No-BD version.
- CFW DEX
CFW's Compatible (v1.03+):
- Rogero 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
- Zero / Habib 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
- Ferrox 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
- Arch 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
- Rebug REX edition 4.46.1 (only on Retail / Normal mode)
- Rebug LITE edition 4.46.1
CFW's Not Compatible (v1.03+):
- All CFW Cobra Edition and CFW 3.xx or CFW DEX
- Download and install the package
- Launch the application, choose enable or disable spoof 4.60
- Then put yes to two successive questions (yes to reboot, yes to hard reboot).
- Console restarts and ok.
Note: If you have a PS3 that does not restart correctly. No panic, just reinstall your CFW by the recovery mode.
From aldostools comes an updated WebMAN v1.29 + IrisMAN v3.03 (4.60 Spoofed) as well for those interested.
From HiJaM/Ho$ter (Ps3GunZ) comes a Spoof 4.60 for Rebug 4.46.1 CEX/DEX v1 with a guide and video below, as follows:
Download: Proper.Spoof.4.60.Rebug.4.46.1.By.HiJaM.GunZ.HoSte R.v1.rar
First Release of my new Spoof 4.60 v1 with Screenshot VSH, built dayone !
- Spoof active only in REBUG Mode
- Screenshot VSH working in all modes even 4.46
- Spoof working in all modes (CEX/DEX)
Steps to do to install it:
1. Set System Mode to Normal in the second column of Rebug Toolbox (Needed !!!)
2. Install 4.60 Spoof v1
3. Set System Mode to Rebug in the second column of Rebug Toolbox to enable Spoof
4. Enjoy PSN and VSH Screenshot feature !
From PlayStation 3 developer zecoxao on the PS3 4.60 OFW update: New 318R Blu-ray Package, checking other stuff... a few changes: lv2_kernel, emer init, a couple of vsh plugins, and the new BD package. Nothing else as far as I could see, but I can imagine the ODE business trying to find another solution for this.
From PlayStation 3 developer Habib on Sony's new protection patch (error 0x80010017):
Hi everyone! Just got bored and started reversing lv2 of 4.60. This error is seen when you mount iso and you have disc inside PS3. The patch:
Aand for 0x8001002B: 65c58 -> 38 60 00 00 4E 80 00 20
This is expected to be used with ALL backup managers and forks out there (with iso support or maybe, just... you know...) took me 1 hour to test, patch etc
[Register or Login to view code]
[Register or Login to view code]
So here goes all the new protection patched.
Btw: Didn't check for update error (0x8001002b) and it is still there, so avoid updates for now (if you have disc inside PS3)!
Sample which does the patching necessary for 4.60 cfw.
Changelog (since my last unofficial version):
1. removed splash screen of iris
2. fvcked sonys new drm mechanism (80010017 when running iso with disc inside and 8001002b when running iso with updates with disc inside)
Finally, according to reports thus far most ODE users (who are updating their PS3 Firmware to v4.60 instead of spoofing the version) are currently receiving PlayStation 3 error codes including 80010009 or 80010017.
More PlayStation 3 News...
06-24-2014 #2demianxldc Guest
downloading from Playstation.NET???
this is fake?, in official website nothing about 4.60...
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
It's legit, sometimes (such as this time, for example) Sony opts to announce it via Twitter (twitter.com/PlayStation/status/481240308450340864) vs on their site is all
06-24-2014 #4Mohamadreza Guest
hi, this update is OFW or CFW?
06-24-2014 #5AKmania Guest
is it safe to update for 3xxx ode?
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
It's OFW, and no I wouldn't update if you are using an Optical Disc Emulator at the moment.
06-26-2014 #7breakevenfiend3 Guest
Multiman ps3 4.60
hey guys. So, someone play with my ps3 and he accidently update it to 4.60. The Multiman doesn't work anymore. It says "an error occured during the start operation (80010017)".
I didn't know whether my ps3 has just been banned or not. But, I can still sign in to PSN. so, what should I do?
06-26-2014 #8hishamage Guest
do you have install package files and app home? if no then you are not jailbroken any more, if you do have them in game menu, you can just downgrade back to another cfw cause multiman does not support 4.60 cfw yet and there is only one 4.60 cfw out there right now
06-27-2014 #9breakevenfiend3 Guest
I still have the package file. So, all i need is to downgrade it to 4.50 right? Is there any simpliest way to downgrade it? does it have any other way to downgrade it without using any additional hardware like a flasher or is it okay to downgrade it to 3.55. like this?
I just buy the ps3 about couple month ago. I'm totally didn't know anything yet.
07-09-2014 #10booterpo Guest
does anyone know were i could get the CFW to jailbreak my ps3? i have been trying for days