Following up on their previous updates, today Sony has released PS3 System Software Update v4.53 with the details below, as follows:
Download: PS3 Firmware 4.53 Update (US) / PS3 Firmware 4.53 Update (EU) / PS3 Firmware 4.53 Update (JP)
PlayStation 3 System Software Version 4.53
- Set the Group of Players Who Can See Your Trophies
- You can now set the group of players who can see your trophies under PSN [PSN] > Account Management [Account Management] > Privacy Settings [Privacy Settings].
- To change this setting, select [Show Trophies].
- Anyone - Any player can see your trophies
- Friends of Friends - Your Friends and their Friends can see your trophies.
- Friends Only - Your Friends can see your trophies
- No One - No one can see your trophies.
- You can adjust for each game whether to show the trophies you earned. Go to PSN [PSN] > Trophy Collection [Trophy Collection] to select a game, press the button, and then select [Privacy Settings] from the options menu. To hide trophy information for a specific game, remove the checkmark from [Show Trophies for This Game] for that game.
- Support for BD/DVD closed captions
- You can now display closed captions when playing BDs and DVDs.
Displaying Closed Captions
1. Select [On] under (Settings) > (Video Settings) > [Closed Captions].
2. Press the button during content playback to display the control panel.
3. Select [Closed Captions] under (Subtitle Options).
This setting is active only with content supporting closed captions.
More PlayStation 3 News...