- Join Date
- Apr 2005
PS3 System Software Update 4.46 Released, Fixes 4.45 PS3 Bricks
Following up on their previous update, today Sony has officially released PS3 System Software Update 4.46 which now fixes the widespread 4.45 PS3 bricked consoles (for some) and also allows users to turn off trophy notifications.
Download: PS3 Firmware 4.46 Update (US) / PS3 Firmware 4.46 Update (EU) / PlayStation 3 System Software 4.46 User's Guide / PS3 4.46 Keys (Unconfirmed) / GIT / PS3 4.46 Keys by Smhabib and Naewhert / research.tar.xz (CORE_OS package disassembly) by zecoxao / Core_OS Info by Smhabib / Core_OS.zip (10.57 MB) by Smhabib
PS3 4.46 Firmware Size: 203.7 MB (203,745,830 bytes)
PS3 4.46 Firmware MD5: 6085b02c415ec912fab4670d7957db68
Despite the PS3 OFW 4.45 brick fix though, some users on Sony's Official Forums are still reporting that their PlayStation 3 console remains bricked after updating to 4.46, as follows:
From HillTerror: "My PS3 is still bricked even after the new update 4.46!! So **bleep** I waited a week for the fix and its still broken!! HELP SONY!"
From Gambit2886: "Well.. I ended up reformatting my drives on my pc. I was able to run the update after the reformat. Guess ill just have to redownload all my games God this will take days.."
From ElKry: "I have tried to update to 4.46 with my 750GB drive, but it’s been stuck “preparing” at 99% for 10 minutes now. Which... doesn’t sound good."
From KyahTheDamned: "When I press X on 6. System Update in safe mode... it just... freezes. Does nothing. Does anyone else have this problem and more importantly, did anyone else have this problem and fix it?"
To quote: PS3 System Software v.4.45 Issue
If you updated your PlayStation 3 Software to version 4.45 and the XMB (XrossMediaBar) menu is not displayed, please follow the steps below to manually update your PS3's Software and restore your system's functionality.
Step 1: Manually Download System Software
- You will need a USB Mass Storage device such as a USB flash drive with at least 168 MB of free space. If your PS3 is either CECHA00/CECHB00 series model, you can also use Memory Stick, SD Memory Card, and CompactFlash.
- Create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media or USB device.
- Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named "UPDATE".
- Using your computer, click the following hyperlink to begin downloading system software 4.46
- Download the update data from the webpage and save it in the "UPDATE" folder.
- Location: Save in the “PS3” folder > “UPDATE” folder
- File name: Save as file name “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
Note: If the data is not saved in the correct way, the PS3 will not recognize the update data. The folder name must be in all uppercase letters.
Step 2: Activate Safe Mode
- With the PS3 off (power light should be red), touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the 1st beep indicating that the PS3 is powering on.
- Continue to hold the power button, and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear a 2nd beep.
- Continue to hold the power button and after 5 more seconds you'll hear a 3rd beep, and system will power off (Power light goes red).
- Release power button.
- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the 1st beep, again for PS3 power on.
- Continue to hold and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear the 2nd beep for video reset.
- Continue to hold and after 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release power button.
- If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button".
- Connect a controller to the PS3 with a USB cable.
If you were not able to get into Safe Mode, your system may need service. Please contact us for further assistance.
Step 3: Manually Update PS3 Software
- Connect the storage media to PS3 system.
- Select [6 - System Update] and Press X.
- Please note: Data and settings may be deleted if you choose any of the first (5) options. Please make sure to only choose option [6 - System Update].
- Press Start and Select at the same time.
- The PS3 system will restart and recognizes the update file in the storage media.
- Press right on the d-pad to scroll through the update description and user agreement.
- Press X to confirm the update.
- The system will now install the new system software and restart automatically upon completion.
If you were not able to properly install the firmware or experienced and issue please follow the steps again. If you are still having an issue: Please contact us for further assistance.
From hemi11p comes a How to Bypass 4.46 and Play Online Guide, as follows:
Download: Yet Another Bypass 1.8.rar
How to use:
1. Start bat file YABStart
2. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings IP: of your computer
3. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings Port: 27 you can change them on config folder (port.txt)
4. Connect to PSN
This is an old method but it still works
From Acid Burn1 comes the PS3 4.46 keys below, with details as follows:
Download: 4.46 Keys.zip
Hi all, I want to release all the keys in the PS3's 4.46. I help the scene PS3. Please test all keys. My name is Acid Burn1 Italian developer
For problem please visit or write in this thread: gamesonic.it/forum/area-51/740-%5Besclusiva%5Decco-per-voi-tutte-le-chiavi-ps3-4-46-acid-burn.html
Below is another PS3 4.46 Keys compilation by franzes80:
Download: PS3 4.46 Keys / PS3 4.46 Keys (Lv0 Updated) (4-46-keys and lvo update.rar)
[Register or Login to view code]
Also from franzes80 comes a LV0 updated set of PS3 4.46 Keys (linked above or HERE) who states the following:
Hi all, new update keys 4.46. You know and everyone the metldr in the keys file is 3.55! There were never 4.xx metldr only. 3.55!!! So guys i just renamed it to 4.46 for it to work on 4.46 that's all! lv0tool is initial developing. Changes:
- fixed keys for mfw
- update new keys
- handles loaders including obfuscation in 3.65+ lv0
This file is for dev users, friends site gamesonic.it
From RedDot-3ND7355: 4.46 Keys [REMINDER] Read README
Don't forget that the private keys added are 3.55! These keys aren't Ac1d's. Part of it because he got them from me. Ac1d's has the outdated ones with wrong MFW format keys. Stay updated on the git and always read Changelog for changes!
Hey all! There is nothing new... Just a reminder that the ps3 4.46 keys are released Some of you might just already have it anyways... and here they are: gitorious.ps3dev.net/4-46-keys/4-46-keys/trees/master
- Don't forget to read the changelog
- Don't forget to read the credits
BTW here is the readme for the ones that never reads them: gitorious.ps3dev.net/4-46-keys/4-46-keys/trees/master
And here is a text version here: Confirmed them on ps3 dev wiki! Dont forget that the private keys added are 3.55! Dont start making a cfw and say that it dosent work on 4.xx OFW **the MetLDR is 3.55** that means don't be a noob
So, i released the 4.46 keys firstly in the web, then 1 week after that i saw them on the wiki, so i updated all mistypes and stuff... So now they all work! You can make your own 4.46 CFW for 3.55 OFW
*People who has tried the keys* Some guy said that TeamSGK tested them and worked on 3.55 OFW and upgraded to 4.46 CFW from 3.55 OFW. HABIB said that they are legit, verified but private keys are 3.55 (no sht).
From xxmcvapourxx (via pastebin.com/cZKqXff2) comes a lv2_kernal.elf in 4.46 OFW found in IDA and lv2_kernal.elf rebug 4.41 public key, as follows:
[Register or Login to view code]
Finally, from Smhabib: The syscon is same for all pup 4.46.i gived you from my cfw but its same for ofw too.. its in core_os_package:
[Register or Login to view code]
More PlayStation 3 News...
06-27-2013 #2StanSmith Guest
Anyone game to try it out? I'm not.
Its funny, it looks like CFW is more stable than OFW these days.
06-27-2013 #3Blade86 Guest
Is the PSN-Passphrase the same?? If yes we could just connect via proxy or dns (fckpsn, logan5, charles, or similar)
06-27-2013 #4niwakun Guest
PSN-Passphrase and APPLDR keys stays the same as usual. It seems sony didnt even bother changing it.
06-27-2013 #5Blade86 Guest
Oh thank you niwakun!!! So there should be no problem with connecting to PSN ...
ok, just tested and it WORKS i just used my old blade-mod, set it to spoof 4.46 and BAM PSN
06-27-2013 #6jabberosx Guest
cool.. I think folks would probably just use their old Fckpsn or you can release an update/howto for your blade ?
06-27-2013 #7lSHaDoWl Guest
yes please if you can help us or direct us , i had never used any spoof for psn. should i use fckpsn or ... ? also if i used it i would be able to log in psn on my Rebug 4.41, i only do so to sync my trophies nothing else.
do you recommend i used it or any other tool (plz refer to them where they are available here on ps3news) OR should i wait and stay off now ?
06-27-2013 #8Blade86 Guest
Its offline sadly but I can reup my Blade-Mod if you want
Just uploaded it: https://mega.co.nz/#!BAcyGDbT!AttGHQ...uL9jZsRGIV50Zw
put the ca27.cer file into /dev_blind/data/cert and use your PC's IP (where Blade-Mod runs) as 1st and 2nd DNS-Server
06-27-2013 #9lSHaDoWl Guest
if its a straight forward (easy to use tool) plz re-upload it when you have time.
if it complicated don't bother
06-27-2013 #10Blade86 Guest
its done just run Blade-Mod on PC and copy the ca27.cer file to your ps3 and use your PC's IP as 1st and 2nd DNS server in PS3