- Join Date
- Apr 2005
PS3 System Software Update 4.11 is Now Available, Details Arrive
Following the previous release, today Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel announced that PS3 System Software update 4.11 is now available alongside details below.
For those curious, this PlayStation 3 Firmware revision is currently not a mandatory update and an optional incremental patch is also available.
Download: PS3 System Software Update 4.11 (US) / PS3 System Software Update 4.11 (Patch) / PS3 System Software Update 4.11 (EU) / PS3 System Software Update 4.11 (EU - Patch)
To quote: Later tonight we'll be releasing an optional system software update (v4.11) for PlayStation 3.
This minor firmware improves certain aspects of system software, and is not mandatory to connect to PSN.
Again, this update is optional in the US and Canada, and can be downloaded by selecting System Update from the Setting column of the XMB.
Finally, cotojestwtf has once again updated his PS3 homebrew DNS bypass application to Yet Another Bypass v1.6 followed by Yet Another Bypass v1.7 with the following changes:
How to use:
1. Start bat file YABStart
2. Set up on PS3/Proxy Settings IP: of your computer
3. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings Port: 27 you can change them on config folder (port.txt)
4. Connect to SEN
Succesfully bypassed 4.11 on 4.00
• No It no gain you PSN on CFW.
• No You can't connect to SEN on firmware below 4.00.
You can download all stuff from PSStore without error. Enjoy.
Support: EU, US, AU, JP, UK.
• 1.7 - changed passphrase, only for 4.00+.
• 1.6 - successfully bypassed a new firmware 4.11.
• 1.5 - added bypass support for JP, UK users.
• 1.4 - added bypass support for US, AU users.
• 1.3 - GUI was removed, successfully bypassed a new firmware 4.10.
• 1.2 - GUI Mode was added, but it cause a connectivity problems.
• 1.1 - added YABKill to kill a proxy server.
• 1.0 - first release.
More PlayStation 3 News...
02-16-2012 #2Nabnab Guest
The Update 4.11 is to fix some issues related to the PS Vita connectivity
and more unified system -> SEN Transfer Files
Actually Sony want to give the possibility to play some PS Vita Games directly on the PS3
02-16-2012 #3heartagram62 Guest
This update is not optional in the UK, its mandatory!
02-16-2012 #4ps3hen Guest
Thank god for proxies
02-16-2012 #5oVERSoLDiER Guest
I would like to see some more details what they explicit changed from 4.10 to 4.11. But I think they may explain it later here (blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/15/ps3-system-software-update-v4-11/).
02-16-2012 #6technodon Guest
going to try and downgrade with the e3 flasher but should be fine (hopefully)
Downgrade from 4.11 with e3 flasher successful
02-16-2012 #7ps3hen Guest
I have compared the dev_flash file from the updates to try and pickup any clues on what has changed.
- The "Resource" folder has not changed so it is very likely that the update just does behind the scene maintenance, rather than adding to the user interface.
- emulation files for ps2/psp have not changed in size. Though ps1 emulation files have increased in size.
- As expected some of the sprx files have changed in size, but nothing significant usually around 100bytes. (the vsh.self has increased in size by 160bytes).
- The web browser related files have not changed in size.
This update most likely just does maintenance. It's highly unlikely anything new was added. Have a nice day!
02-16-2012 #8Bartholomy Guest
Maybe it's the reason because was not mandatory (but a brit guy said it's mandatory for SEN UK)
p.s. Shouldn't this forum section be renamed PlayStation 3 & SEN News?
02-16-2012 #9oVERSoLDiER Guest
You're right ! We have to change the "PlayStation 3 PSN News" into "PlayStation 3 PSN / SEN News".
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
It's interlinked with the Portal categories etc... so not worth the effort to change PSN to SEN as it would cause a load of issues.