Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 3 of 4 First ... 234 Last
    Raze1988 Guest
    I think 50gb will be enough storage for a long time. I bet the PS4 will support more, but most games will be under or just 50gb.

SDF Guest
    ok i was furious about otherOS too.. but for this?? i mean c'mon... No one is going to release a bloody game or movie to that kind of disc. be real..

Neo Cyrus Guest
    Let's just hope that if a game needs more than 50GB that they don't stinge out and cut things to shove it all on one a disc, they should just use a 2nd BD DL. I'd rather have to switch discs than have content cut out or reduced in quality.

Mantagtj Guest
    yep , I remember the day when I had to put 4 disks in my console so another BD DL swap wont make much of a difference plus I got a 320 gb HDD so just compact it and stick it on my HDD $ony.

you seriously need to impress me $ony after your latest dramas... ps4news.com Rulez

boob4me Guest

new BD disks?

I dont think we will see these disks on ps3. As most games are not even 7-10 gigs.Like Dantas inferno on the X-box 360 is only 7.5 gigs fits nicely on a dual layer disk. So Im pretty sure the PS3 version is the same size.And I do belive PS3 reads dual layer disks!

So for back-up purposes [soon I hope!!] dual layers will work fine for the PS3 for majority of games! I'v used S.A.K. and all my games will fit on dual layer, So I don't think anyone will need to go and buy a blue-ray burner, any burner with dl combatibility will work fine. And you can pick one up from wal-mart for around $60-$75.. either that or a nice usb loader would be nice.

Rocky5 Guest
    By the time GT5 comes out it will be on a BDXL lol

andrew hare Guest
    i see people say that they hope they don't reduce quality, but look at the xbox it only runs dvd.

mark29 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky5 View Post
    By the time GT5 comes out it will be on a BDXL lol
    This. How much space did final fantasy XIII use on ps3? seeing as how xbox was 3 DLs and was at a lower resolution.

GodsSon07 Guest

Thumbs Up

I think 50gb will be enough storage for a long time. If not, they can use 2 x50gb or 1x50 & 1x25GB in one game, like final fantasy uses 3 dvd on xbox 360.

silentkiller223 Guest
    i'm pretty sure that GoW 3 was one of the biggest games, as in taking up space on blu-ray disk and it only took up 35 gigs... so i'm pretty sure this isn't needed for awhile.

Page 3 of 4 First ... 234 Last