PS3 Media Server BETA v1.20.409 is Now Available
It's been awhile since we reported the previous update to PS3 Media Server, and the latest BETA v1.20.409 is now available for both Windows and Linux.
Download: PS3 Media Server BETA v1.20.409 (Windows) / PS3 Media Server BETA v1.20.409 (Linux)
For those unaware, PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
Changelog details since last update:
changelog between r409 and r400:
- UTF8 issues ?
- No more crashes on Linux/OSX
- MP4 Video Cover Art
- Other small issues
- Performance changes with videos folder scan
changelog between r400 and r397:
- Fixes: mp4 transcode/remux regression / Http server start regression / Mplayer thumbnails mode / Better DLNA (regarding totalmatches)
changelog between r397 and r392:
- Fix no thumbnails mode
- DRM files detection
- MediaInfo64 / Better divx, avi/ac3, wmv support, also Skip/Force transcode management
changelog between r392 and r381:
- Major change: Could introduce regression issues, streaming/transcoding detection issues
- MediaInfo support by default for PS3/XBOX, ongoing work on other renderers:
- Faster XMB navigation (faster parsing, plus file list appears before thumbnails generation)
- Proper auto detection of non supported files (PS3: Mpeg w/ DTS, Qpel/Gmc/H264 AVI files, Apple Lossless AAC files, 6 channels WMV, etc.)
- OS X: Dropped official support for Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and Intel processors without 64bit support (anything older then Core 2)
- Issues with some audio m4a and video mp4 files (wrong mime types)
- Slowdown on FLAC media library scan
changelog between r381 and r369:
- Mplayer builds from 2010-01-19 (Regular and MT): http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
- DVD ISO muxing enabled by default + DTS support (need some tests :p). It's an option in the transcode settings panel
- New Mplayer build font cache should build if needed at start
- Definitive removal of the tsmuxer mpeg parser (slow and now unnecessary with recent ffmpeg builds)
- New option to avoid music files resampling
- Better support for simultaneous usage with several ps3s/renderers (need tests as well)
- Better support for Sony Bravia TVs for all regions (no need to tweak that conf file by hand)
- 5.0 Audio channel support
- Small fixes
More PlayStation 3 News...
This is really the best Mediaserver for PS3.
thanks for sharing! one of the best media servers ihever used for ps3!!!
Nice Update, Its a really stable sharing software aside from the few bugs, but hey it's excellent anyways!
Latest beta build (v1.20.409) working very well with DLNA compatible Samsung LED tv.
v1.20.410 isn't an official update yet so when installed it will still show 1.20.409 in the program title bar.
Changelog for this version is: Fixed DTSWAV support on ps3 and FLAC 24bits/96kHz with Video
Can this media server stream MKV files to the ps3??
you can stream mkv files. it transcodes the mkv files into a format the ps3 understands while it streams. This does cause problems with fast forward and rewind, i often transcode the file with mkv2vob before streaming if i want to be able to do this.
Wireless streaming a little bit faster than the older releases... Nice!