Following up on his previous release, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer SubJunk has released PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 1 for Windows, Linux and OS X with the changes outlined below.
Download: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 1 Update (Windows) / PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 1 Update (Linux) / PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 1 Update (OS X)
Built from SVN r949. Released as beta because some code changes haven't been widely tested yet.
- Backwards-incompatible API changes (for plugin developers/packagers) - see HERE for more details
- Updated binaries build script to include Linux support (thanks, happy.neko!)
- Updated OS X MPlayer to include fontconfig support
- Updated Bulgarian translation (thanks, JORDITO!)
- Updated German translation (thanks, smo!)
- Updated Dutch translation
- Added full featured IP filter with support for wildcards and ranges
- Improved network interface choosing algorithm now skips virtual interfaces
- Updated libraries (configuration, jgoodies and slf4j)
- Detect file system changes runtime (adding/removing folders/files).
- Updated JRE auto-download from 6u27 to 7u1
- Added option to create a desktop shortcut to the Windows installer
- Renderer image improvements
- Improvements to tab layouts
- Maximum bandwidth setting works
- Limit bandwidth to 110Mb/s by default which should solve a lot of "stuttering playback" reports
- Speeds displayed in Mb/s instead of Kb/s
- Recognise forced subtitles (thanks, ExSport!)
- Clarified English language labels
- Updated MPlayer and MEncoder on Windows from Sherpya's old builds to SubJunk's new builds which fixes many playback issues, colour-conversion bugs and more (but possibly has drawbacks for some files, too)
- Main (Status) tab displays a large tick when it's connected to a renderer instead of a PS3 or warning image
- Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.50 from 0.7.47
More PlayStation 3 News...