Yea, I just pull the links from here and that is all I see for Mac at the moment: http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
Obviously no-one is developing on MAC as the announcement thread states that they need someone to build it.
Still - Windows and Linux users can hack on! Another day, another release! (wow, seems things have started moving a bit more over at PMS!) Anyway, check out release 1.23 changes:
Important note for Windows users: To retain your old settings you may have to copy your old config file/s to a new directory.
To find out where the new directory is on your computer, run the program and go to the Traces tab and look on the 14th line, the line that says “Profile directory:”, that is the folder your config files should be saved now.
Right now the Linux and Windows versions are available, with the OS X build coming soon (still having problems making it, sorry to everyone affected)
- Fixed Windows service
- Windows service now starts automatically with the computer
- Sony Bravia Z5500 (and possibly others) work again
- Fixed PS3 not being detected for some users
- Support cellphone/smartphone (3gp) videos
- Windows service is uninstalled with program
- Detect Popcorn Hour and WDTV live more reliably
- English, Russian and Dutch language updates
Mac: Unavailable at the moment.
Or you can always get the "current" version from the main page: http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/
Well, they've got some catching up to do to keep up with deank's multiMan release turn around speed, but here's the latest from the PS3 Media Server team: PS3 Media Server 1.24.0 is released
Mac: (Still promising this is coming soon - check the main site for details http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/ !)
I just md5 tested the windows one, and the codes are wrong. Can someone test this as well, just in case I had a bad download.
This is meant to be the code for setup-windows-1.24.0.exe
ce854d42ec2cd21bcfd9abfcac71869834e8c0d7 but its not right on the downloads, carefully peeps.
The Windows file i downloaded (using the link i posted above) is as follows:-
Last Modified: 14/06/2011 23:00:06
Created: 14/06/2011 23:00:09
(All details obtained using nirsoft's HashMyFiles - a great free little tool! - see http://www.nirsoft.net/ for more info!)
The hash you've quoted is the SHA1 hash of the file (as per the code.google page)
Yes your right, thanks bud I mis read it.
Ok - so i guess they saw my comment about Deank's release speed - 1.25.0 is available now (including a MAC version!)
From the announcement:-
Update – Changelog for v1.25.1:
- Overscan compensation bug fixed
Download: PS3 Media Server v1.25.1 for Windows / PS3 Media Server v1.25.1 for Linux
Last edited by PSPSwampy; 06-16-2011 at 10:54 PM
Thanks for the update PSPSwampy and +Rep!
Today PS3 Media Server 1.30.1 is released, which fixes an iTunes library bug among the changes:
Download: PS3 Media Server 1.30.1 (Windows) / PS3 Media Server 1.30.1 (Linux) / PS3 Media Server 1.30.1 (Mac)
- Fixed bug that caused very slow iTunes library parsing
- Backwards-incompatible API changes (for plugin developers/packagers) - see ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11283 for more details
- Updated OS X binaries (FFmpeg, MEncoder and MPlayer) to fix an AC3 bug and improve internal VOBsub display quality
- Optional GUI to allow profile to be selected when PMS starts
- Better UPnP spec compliance
- Logging improvements
- ASS/SSA subtitles disabled by default on Linux and OS X
- Multithreaded MEncoder enabled by default on multithreaded CPUs
- Subtitles stay within confines of original frame when using overscan compensation
- Made transcoding tab resizing consistent for all sizes
- Fixed DTS audio support with FFmpeg
- MEncoder supports DTS-ES (6.1 channels) audio
- Handles unknown audio channels
- Change maximum number of plugins to 30 from 4
- Improved MP4 support
- New Korean translation (thanks, mrahn80)
- Fixed bug where config sometimes wouldn't save on Windows 7
For 1.23.0 and above:
- Just uninstall the older version and install newer one
For versions prior to 1.23.0:
- To retain your old settings you may have to copy your old config file/s to a new directory.
- To find out where the new directory is on your computer, run the program and go to the Traces tab and look on the 14th line, the line that says "Profile directory:", that is the folder your config files should be saved now.
- If you use the "media library / cache" option you should reset it.
More PlayStation 3 News...
curious, with this can i stream files directly to my ps3? ig: .mkv video files to watch with this or showtime?... just hate using memory sticks lol.
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?