PS3 Media Server 1.60.0 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X Out!
Following up on their previous update, today PlayStation 3 developer happy.neko has announced that PS3 Media Server 1.60.0 is officially released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!
Download: PS3 Media Server 1.60.0 (Windows) / PS3 Media Server 1.60.0 (Linux) / PS3 Media Server 1.60.0 (Mac) / Other PS3 Media Server Builds / SVN
PS3 Media Server 1.60.0 Changelog:
- Added support for PGS (Blu-ray) subtitles
- Added support for TX3G (MPEG-4 Timed Text) subtitles
- Added support for VobSub (DVD) subtitles in MP4 container
- Better handling of embedded SSA/ASS subs styling
- Fixed audio track selection for MP4s and MOVs
- Fixed DV videos detection
- Added support for WebM videos downloaded from YouTube
- Optimized CBRVideoBitrate value for Panasonic TVs (thanks, ExSport!)
- Added new renderer: Sony SMP-N100 (thanks, mrw1986 and guillepalao!)
- Localized audio and subtitle priority defaults
- Language updates: Catalan translation update (thanks, aseques!) and Simplified Chinese translation update (thanks, lovenemesis!)
PS3MediaServer is for streaming media files from your PC/network to the PS3 in a format that the PS3 can play. e.g. You have .divx/.xvid/.avi/.mkv/.mpg/.mpeg/other video files on your PC, these can be steamed to the PS3 with on-the-fly transcoding to a format the ps3 can play (if ps3 supports the format, they are streamed directly with no transcoding).
So for example, you have a large collection of (owned!!) DVD's which you've ripped to video files on your pc, you also have some (copyright free!!) downloaded video's on your PC - you can setup your PC with PS3MediaServer and then browse your video's via the PS3's "Video" menu. (also works for MP3's and Photos!)
It can be a little bit of a pain to get configured, but once setup correctly it works very well - i use it with my network storage server to serve all my home movies, family pics etc. I can browse them on my PS3, Android phone, bravia TV in the lounge, Other tv in the bedroom, laptop etc
It's a DNLA server (have a look on wikipedia or just google it). Hope this helps?!
More PlayStation 3 News...
PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X Out!
Following up on their previous update, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer chocolateboy has announced that PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 is officially released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!
Download: PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 (Windows) / PS3 Media Server 1.70.0 (Linux) / PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 (Mac) / Other PS3 Media Server Builds / SVN
PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 Changelog:
- Add new default web video engine: FFMpeg Web Video
- Add support for new web protocols: mmsh:// and mmst://
- Sort files alphanumerically by default e.g. Episode 2 before Episode 10
- Auto encoding detection of non UTF-8 external subtitles for Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese languages (leave "Subtitles codepage" option blank)
- Improved handling of UTF-8 external subtitles
- Localized #--TRANSCODE--# folder name
- PMS.conf: Added transcode_folder_name option to allow #--TRANSCODE--# folder name to be customized (issue GC963)
- Make example PMS.conf behave more like built-in defaults
- Restore maximum buffer size to 600 MB (was 400 MB)
- Prevented image distortion on some DLNA clients with "Keep AC-3 track" option enabled
- Don't show entries for disabled engines in #--TRANSCODE--# folder
- Allow Traces tab panel to auto-scroll (thanks, LordQuackstar!)
- Revert changes to SMP-N100.conf that conflict with Sony Blu-ray players and break MKV support (thanks, mrw1986)
- Replaced ImageMagick with Thumbnailator for thumbnail generation
- Fix FFmpeg engine's handling of unsupported custom options (thanks, ajamess)
- Fixed FFmpeg command line arguments used by tsMuxeR video
- Added new renderer: Yamaha RX-A1010 (thanks, merelin)
- Language updates: Updated Dutch translation (thanks, leroy), Updated Bulgarian translation (thanks, JORDITO), Fix DNLA 2114 errors when scanning non-readable subfolders with "hide empty folders" enabled
- Renderers: Deprecate misnamed TranscodeVideo profile MPEGAC3: use MPEGPSAC3 instead, Document and clean up TranscodeVideo and TranscodeAudio profiles, Linux tarball: fix "cannot find tsMuxeR" error
- MEncoder: disable AC-3 remux if audio track has delay, disable DTS and LPCM remuxing if tsMuxeR engine is unavailable
Lots of changes this time!
Version: The Windows and Mac OS X versions are 1.70.1 rather than 1.70.0 due to a packaging issue spotted during release. There is no functional difference between 1.70.0 and 1.70.1.
Issues with the sample PMS.conf file bundled with PMS 1.53.0 to 1.60.0:
Prior to this release, the sample PMS.conf bundled with PMS since 1.53.0 (June 2012) set values different to the built-in defaults. If you created a PMS.conf by copying one of these sample files to your profile directory, it should be removed and settings should be re-entered and saved in the GUI.
Changes to default settings:
Two default settings have been changed in this release: the default web video engine (FFmpeg Web Video) and the default file sort order (alphanumeric). As a result of these changes, you are advised to back up and remove your old PMS.conf and re-enter and save your settings (if any) in the GUI.
Alternatively (e.g. if you have a large number of customizations you wish to preserve), the new defaults can be enabled in PMS.conf by removing the following properties (if they exist):
[Register or Login to view code]
More PlayStation 3 News...
PS3 Media Server 1.71.0 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X is Out
Following up on their last update, today PlayStation 3 developers Raptor399 and chocolateboy have announced that PS3 Media Server 1.71.0 is officially released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!
Download: PS3 Media Server 1.71.0 (Windows) / PS3 Media Server 1.71.0 (Linux) / PS3 Media Server 1.71.0 (Mac) / Other PS3 Media Server Builds / SVN
PS3 Media Server 1.71.0 Changelog:
- Updated MEncoder and MPlayer to SB41
- Updated ffmpeg to 1.0 (Zeranoe Build 2012-10-10)
- Fixed file permissions bug
Mac OS X subtitles:
- Changed audio/subtitle defaults to accept anything
- Removed fontconfig from MEncoder for improved subs compatibility
- Improved Android.conf video support
- Added support for Samsung SMT-G7400 (UPC Horizon)
- Fixed bug that prevented Galaxy Nexus pictures displaying
- Updated Chinese Traditional translation (thanks, mcc!)
- Added Turkish icon
- Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.60 (GC1508)
- Updated h2 database to 1.3.168 (thanks, valib!)
- Improve handling of initialization errors
- Fixed possible error while loading iPhoto library (GC1523)
- Fixed bug where disabled engines could be selected in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder
- Added options for renderer-specific file name formats
- Added ffmpeg build script
More PlayStation 3 News...
its saying no renderers were found, any advice ?
PS3 Media Server staggering
maybe you can help me with this problem. The problem is the following:
I have a PS3 CHECHK01 upgraded to 500 gb running KMEAW CFW 3.55. Before I used FileZilla to FTP the movies to my internal hard disk, only until I saw that PS Media Server was build also for Mac OSX. So since the first version for Mac/OSX I used it to stream the movies to my Playstation 3.
I own a Macbook Pro 2.3 ghz Intel Core i5 with 4 gb internal memory. But yesterday after upgrading to 1.70.1 the movies are staggering very worse. No fluid screen any more.
I tried many things such as downgrading to the older version 1.53/1.54, change some preferences but nothing seems to work.
I tried it with direct LAN (always used this) and also over my wireless network.
Does anybody know how to reset PSM to default settings on Mac OSX or knows a solution?
Allright, I fixed it. Deleted the old conf file on Mac OSX and forced the LAN network in PMS.
So everything is back up working again
PS3 Media Server 1.72.0 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X is Out
Following up on their previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Raptor399 and chocolateboy have announced that PS3 Media Server 1.72.0 is officially released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!
Download: PS3 Media Server 1.72.0 (Windows) / PS3 Media Server 1.72.0 (Linux) / PS3 Media Server 1.72.0 (Mac) / Other PS3 Media Server Builds / SVN
PS3 Media Server 1.72.0 Changelog:
- Fixed bug that occurred when using ShowDVDTitleDuration
- Fixed bug that caused embedded subtitles to be displayed when subtitles are disabled
- Fixed bug in handling of filenames with embedded $ characters
- Removed option to automatically switch to tsMuxeR (available manually via the #--TRANSCODE--# folder)
For 1.70.0 and above:
- Just uninstall the older version and install the newer one.
For versions prior to 1.70.0:
- It is recommended to back up and remove your old PMS.conf and re-enter and save your settings (if any) in the GUI. Alternatively (e.g. if you have a large number of customizations you wish to preserve), see the upgrade notes for previous major releases (e.g. 1.50.0, 1.60.0 &c.) for migration instructions.
More PlayStation 3 News...