PS3 Firmware 3.10 Update is Now Available!
As promised, Sony's PS3 Firmware 3.10 (mandatory) update is now available and can be downloaded linked below for both North America and Europe.
For those who missed it earlier today, the offical press release details all of the changes including Facebook integration, a Photo browser update and an enhanced Friends List that includes the ability to change the font color of your PSN ID.
Enjoy all, and as usual feel free to report any issues encountered after updating in the comments below.
Download: PS3 Firmware 3.10 Update (US) / PS3 Firmware 3.10 Update (EU)
More PlayStation 3 News...
Haven't had any problems with this update yet. I was even able to sync my trophies and have them show on my Facebook -- it works great!
Just Updated to it, and i had a slight problem with syncing my trophies, i kept getting an error, but after a restart it was all good. All games work and dvds/blurays.
I have the 80GB Backwards Capability PS3
I know a lot of people had issues downloading it, especially from the US server as it would keep disconnecting.
Aside from that, the only other reports I've read thus far is that some users who sync their trophies are still claiming to get the error code [80022A07] even after the 3.10 update... of course it could be isolated cases though.
I will pass that tip along, nice one Chivafighter! Also for those seeking an itemized version of the changelog:
- Added the ability to access some Facebook features from the XMB.
- Added the option to automatically send updates to the user’s Facebook profile when Trophies are unlocked.
- Added the option to automatically send updates to the user’s Facebook profile when items are downloaded from the PlayStation Store.
- Added the option to automatically send updates to the user’s Facebook profile for in-game events (in compatible games).
- The [Friends] list has been redesigned.
- The user is now able to change the color of their [Profile].
- Expanded [Photo] folders and playlists are now displayed in a grid, rather than a list.
- Added RTVE, Antena 3 and LaSexta catch-up TV website shortcuts for users in Spain under [TV].
- Added NOS catch-up TV website shortcut for users in the Netherlands under [TV].
- Added AXN and Animax catch-up TV website shortcuts for users in Czech, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and Slovakia under [TV].
- Added TVNZ catch-up TV website shortcut for users in New Zealand under [TV].
- Added [Facebook] menu item under [Account Management] allowing the user to change Facebook sharing and account settings.
- Improved the performance of the Internet Browser.
It's not a bad update.. I guess.
Very happy to see facebook finally built into PS3. I browse the internet with PS3 everyday, it's cool to have dedicated integration of facebook to PS3 like the one find in iPhone and Windows Mobile.
But one thing, does it mean facebook has direct competition against the social function of Playstation Home?
Would be more interested in knowing how this firmware perform compare to last two rather than having these new "features". Hopefully they fixed the game unplayable problem and bricking problem for those that have the problem(s).
It is one of those times that phrase "PlayStation®3 format software has been improved" is welcome.
11-19-2009 #10Banned User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
The TV tab only appears after a complete restart... I actually was pretty dissapointed after the first reboot searching for AXN player and it wasn't anywhere in sight!
A quick review: the player is pretty slick (flash based), it has a little bit more content than the traditional web player that is found on the AXN site (dunno whi is that - probably a more centralized approach).
STARNEWS - has no subtitles...
Full Episodes - I catched a glimpse of:
- Damage & Interest (or something like that)
- Salvage Operation (or something like that)
- another show
.... actually a pretty good update, seeing that ANIMAX player has a LOT more content than the traditional player being full of two popular anime shows (probably - I'm no fan of those).
I would like to see the Internet Browser enhancements (it kept locking up when visiting PS3NEWS).