PS3 beat by brazilian, playing DMC4 HDD installed?
another giant ship sink today.. for those not fluent in portuguese, this guy Weber do Carmo created a software that transforms a ISO into a PKG and then its sent to the ps3 via ps3proxy. translation:
[Register or Login to view code]
LOL @ turning an ISO into a PKG and running it from the HDD
Grainy dodgy cam on 1st video
2nd video removed by user
video 2 is up again in his profile
However given that the publisher is a very good photographer i find it hard to believe that this is not fake
Plus why remove the video cache on google from youtube on downloading videos with safari....
OK. So why doesn't he release the program or put the "PKG" up? If he is genuine then he has won the race. Put up a paypal account and I'm sure he'll get some reward for his trouble.
IF he has acheived this then homebrew created on dev units should be able to be signed using the same method.
The "PKG Loader" is fake due to these reasons (among others):
- System.cnf and PRX's in a PS3 Game - NEVER!
- PRX's will never ever run inside a PS3, period! Has to be a SPRX!
- When installing a package, that install screen looks nothing like a PKG install screen, we ALL know that.
- Was clearly game installer screen for "extra data"
- Guy moved camera to a Cross, came back and the XMB position moved - He clearly used a friend to insert the disc and hit a switch
- Switch disables exterior BD light
- Code is garbage for PKG handling!
- NO crypto routines in the code
- This Code opens a window with a fixed title, you hit a button it says hello - that is ALL
- The windowing code is done via GTK, which runs on quite a few OS's
- Any SELF's inside PKG's need to be signed for a PKG, with Sony's true private key
- Due to the above alone, the copy off an ISO will not work
- Furthermore, EVERY PS3 release has a 2nd layer of disc encryption, so he cant even get as far as having a valid SELF!
- Even with a valid self, the PS3 refuses to run it since the decryption routine requires the self run from BD-ROM
- Hell, even on a PS3 TEST you cant run an ISO yet, due to the multiple layers of encryption
- Not to mention that most new games have media checks, which wont run WITHOUT having a disc in the drive!
So he managed to overcome all of this? I think not.
And by the way, put on a damn shirt, no one wants to see your hairy ass chest!