PlayStation 3 Software Development Kit leaked!!
Update: HanSooloo has now updated/clarified his previous PS3 NAND Analysis which can be found HERE.
Just when PS3 Devs didn't think it could get much better than the recent PS3 $DK Docs and PS3 Debug Firmware leaks, today we are pleased to report that both budding developers and reverse-engineer specialists no longer have to wait... according to a VERY NiCE but anonymous source, the complete PS3 $DK has now been leaked!!
Before we go on it's important to note that we are only reporting news of the leak itself, and anyone asking/requesting any of the related files will have their account terminated without warning. It is illegal to possess and/or distribute the contents unless you are a licensed developer (in which case you can obtain it directly from $ony).
With that being stated, those interested can view the v1.60 PS3 $DK Complete FileList (Size: contains 941 directories; 5,551 files; 464,400,960 bytes). Also, in a brief NOTE of interest thus far: the PS3 creates a FAT system partition for temporary storage... and also below are a few areas resident PS3 Devs are currently focusing on within the $DK:
· Compiling and running code via 'acquired' Dev hardware
· Gaining a better understanding how the PS3 console works
· Encrypting our own Debug executables (make_fself: essentially normal PS3 ELF -> PS3 SELF [secure/crypted]) on Dev boxes
· Identifying and examining $CE calls/functions- this will lead to the creation of a "free" PS3$DK as it did with PS2 (inside joke: simply remove "sce_" flags and it's legal!)
· Through disassembly, sort the exact ELF->SELF method; extract Debug encryption keys
· PS3 Cell File System: In this v1.60 $DK, mkfs.self (CELL FS format utility) comparison VS from v0.50-v0.80 $DK mkfs.elf (which weren't encrypted, so can be ran and disassembled)
· Make and store games on a Dev box via $DK.. including signing them for Dev machines
· PSX(PS1)/PS2 region settings; future region switching shouldn't be difficult based on a preliminary examination
· Other areas of peak interest thus far: Cell_HW_Doc-xxx.zip and iRSX-HW_Doc-xxx.zip (hardware documentation packages)
· A LOT more- the above is from an extremely brief peek only
Finally, for non-Devs even some of the related tools seem interesting as well:
Once again, HUGE THANKS to the kind anonymous soul who has passed along this VERY cool PS3 $DK leak information! Hopefully in the near future it will bring about many interesting PS3 developments... with the obvious goal being a fully functional "Hello World" PS3!