Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
    rottenrotten Guest
    Last release not work for me..

dezza Guest
    Most Linux distributions / ISO's won't boot because of incompatibility in latest firmwares ..

It has nothing to do with petitboot being a "BAD" bootloader, because it's somehow similar to kboot and the others.

All discs I've had to boot in kboot works in petitboot also and I think kboot is superior by far because it's not that heavy ..

Se7enLC Guest

Petitboot not booting without interaction

Anybody know why this is? Both the graphical version and the text-only version work fine for selecting a boot config and booting, but neither one is honoring the timeout= option. Anybody using this bootloader or have a suggestion for an alternative one that will work? Thanks.

CompTronicsTec Guest
    I was actually pleasantly surprised with Petitboot. Worked for me with 0 configuration, recognized ubuntu on a usb drive, a live cd, and on the internal hdd.

It had options for easily changing the screen resolution or booting to XMB.

I liked that it was not only graphical in nature but professional looking. I actually contacted one of the devs via email to see if they planned on making petitboot for the PC, thats how much i liked it.

Im not sure which version i am using, but if you run even one linux distro on the PS3 its a must...will make booting and getting back to xmb that much easier.

jabberosx Guest

I use pdaXrom-NG Bootloader.. had better luck on it than petit for some reason. And also the fact that its updated more recently than petit may make a difference.

Page 2 of 2 First 12