Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Pachter: Japanese PS3 Retail Ordering Halted, Price Cut Likely

To confirm earlier reports of discontinued models and old stock drying up, today Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter stated in a Podcast that we're about to see a PS3 price cut and the introduction of a new hardware SKU.

To quote: "The retail commentary I've seen has come out of the UK. I have not seen at US retail. We heard Japanese retail a few weeks ago say they weren't going to be getting any more PS3s after August 8, and now we're starting to hear UK retail say they cannot re-order PS3s until month-end. And that suggests there'll be a model change."

He added: "If Sony's practice is the same as it was in the past, and the Slim is more of a redesign of the components to drive down cost, then I think we will get a price cut."

Only a few days to go until Sony's GamesCom keynote address in Cologne next Tuesday... then we'll all know for certain.

More PlayStation 3 News...

haha, after like 5 tries, he was bound to get it right sooner or later. and this time he actually has facts to back it up instead of seemingly random guesses.