Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

OtherOS pdaXrom-NG Bootloader v0.1.1 for PS3 Linux Available

Back in January, the initial OtherOS pdaXrom-NG Bootloader v0.1 for PS3 Linux was released.

Many were confused that it was some kind of "iSO Loader" for PS3, but to clarify it is not. What it is, is a Linux-based OS Selector front-end for the PS3.

Today Sashz has made available pdaXrom-NG Bootloader v0.1.1 along with the source code, however, an actual changelog is not posted yet.

Download: OtherOS pdaXrom-NG Bootloader v0.1.1 / OtherOS pdaXrom-NG Bootloader v0.1.1 SRC / pdaXrom-NG Bootable CD for PS3

Installation
    - Download bootloader 'pdaXrom-ng-otheros.bld', rename it to 'otheros.bld'.
    - On your USB stick or CD create the directory /PS3/otheros/ and copy 'otheros.bld' file to it.
    - Insert CD or a plug USB stick into PS3 and go to System->System Settings->Install Other OS. PS3 should find and install bootloader.
    - Go to System->System Settings->Set Default OS->OtherOS to boot up with pdaXrom-ng bootloader.

More PlayStation 3 News...

I like that people are experimenting with Linux ... I believe alot is possible with Linux. Hope to get more clarification on the changes soon!

Nice, I'll have to test this when I eventually get round to installing Yellow Dog

nice, thank you very much.. nice gui btw

GUI bootloader = great

talk about making it easy as pie to boot a kernel and install linux