Naughty Dog Uncharted 2 PS3 DLC Giveaways Incoming via PSN
Naughty Dog's Community Strategist Arne Meyer shared a recap of the Uncharted 2 Anniversary event that was held last weekend, and mentions some new PS3 DLC giveaways today.
To quote: Last weekend, we held our first Anniversary Event to celebrate one year since the release of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, and I think we'd be understating things to say it was anything but a rousing success!
All of us at Naughty Dog wanted to thank everyone (again) who went online to participate in our Anniversary Event - getting the Anniversary Drake skin, along with mega-cash, in return - and made it such a special day for the Dogs to spend with our fan community.
We pulled a few amazing stats from the Anniversary Event we thought you'd like to know:
- We recorded over 2.5 man years of game time in a period of just 24 hours(1 game that lasts 20 minutes = 20 minutes, regardless of how many players in the game)
- Those 2.5 years came from 1,079,850 player games (10 players in a game = 10 player games)
- We also saw 12,376,755 kills during our Anniversary Event (that's strictly pvp - NPC kills in co-op games aren't recorded)
- Everyone benefited from the 5x cash bonus and no cash cap, accumulating a collective $49 BILLION in in-game cash - which would rank UNCHARTED 2 about #70 in the list of countries by GDP
- I only completed 66% of my 24 hour straight personal challenge (total #FAIL)
Last week also saw the release of the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition (psst! you can order your copy here or visit your local brick and mortar), although a few of our eagle eyed community members noticed that our most recent DLC releases - the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins Pack and UNCHARTED 2 Dynamic Theme wasn't included as part of the value-priced, DLC-packed retail release.
To rectify this, we're going to hold a few giveaways really soon to give our fans - release-day veterans or GOTY Edition newbs - a shot at snagging both these DLC releases! Follow @PlayStation and @Naughty_Dog on Twitter and keep a close watch next week for more details!
More PlayStation 3 News...