Naughty Dog Community Strategist Eric Monacelli revealed details today on The Last of Us: Grounded Bundle for video gaming fans below.
To quote: We're pleased to announce the third and final drop in The Last of Us season pass. Here's a look at what's in the Grounded Bundle:
New trophies and a mix of single-player and multiplayer content await you in this DLC drop. Grounded Mode will be the hardest challenge you'll ever face as you try to complete the single-player campaign of The Last of Us.
The AI is relentless, smart, and brutal, and survival will be near impossible. "Completed Grounded Mode" might be one of the most difficult Trophies you'll ever earn. If you're not a season pass holder, Grounded Mode will cost $4.99 standalone.
Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
The Reclaimed Territories Map Pack features four news maps:
Wharf, Capitol, Coal Mine, and Water Tower. Each map has a mix of Trophies attached and is set in a location that will be familiar yet unfamiliar to players of the single-player campaign. Intelligent use of climbing, stealth, flanking, and all your clan survival techniques will be essential to master these maps. It's available for $9.99 for non-season pass holders.
• Wharf - Set in the rusted-out docks where Joel encountered Robert, the Wharf map features close quarters gameplay, two snipers nests, and a giant boat. It's full of good opportunities for climbing, flanking, and stealth.
• Capitol - Set in Boston, the Capitol Map features indoor and outdoor gameplay. It encourages the intelligent use of flanking.
• Coal Mine - Set in Colorado, Coal Mine is a winter map that's spotted with abandoned buildings. It's a spacious map that has long lines of sight and a bridge that's a perfect perch for snipers. The dynamic snowstorm obscures the view so be on your toes.
• Water Tower - Set in Lincoln, PA, the Water Tower map features two primary chokepoints for some deadly face-to-face confrontations. It's mainly an outdoor map with a few indoor areas and some very unique lighting. It might seem open, but it's really a tight map that's perfect for close quarters melee.
New guns and new survival skills are coming as part of the Grounded Bundle as well. All new guns and skills are available to try before you buy as part of new pre-set load outs.
Survivalist Weapon Bundle
The Survivalist Weapon Bundle costs $5.99, and contains four new weapons: Specter, Double Barrel, Enforcer, and Launcher. These guns have very unique attributes that have been carefully balanced so as to offer new play styles that fit into the existing Factions gameplay.
Need more firepower? This is your bundle. The Survivalist Weapon bundle includes the Specter, Double Barrel, Enforcer, and Launcher.
• Specter - A silenced assault rifle that's great if your style is stealth stalker. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
• Double Barrel - Classic, deadly, double-barrel shotgun. Only 1 loadout point. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
• Enforcer - Highly accurate pistol but will cost you an extra loadout point. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
• Launcher - A weapon that fires small explosives, in the vein of a home-made potato gun. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
Two Survival Skills Bundles, Situational Survival Skills Bundle and Professional Survival Skills Bundle, are also included if you own the season pass. If you want to purchase these standalone, they'll cost you $3.99 each. These skills are very effective ways to find your new favorite play style.
Situational Survival Skills Bundle
Unlock four survival skills that will help you get the best of any situation. This bundle includes Agility, Awareness, Fortitude, and Scavenger.
• Agility - Climb, vault, and move while crouching faster than you could before. At level 3 you are nearly impossible to hear while moving.
• Awareness - See enemy nametags before they see yours and enemy nametags remain on screen for several seconds when taking fire.
• Fortitude - Downed? Level up this skill and it will help you survive longer as you'll take longer to bleed out, crawl faster, and have more health when downed. At higher levels you'll start with an extra health pack, and earn extra parts each time you heal.
• Scavenger - Automatically pick up ammo and supplies and see increases in drops from enemies with this valuable skill. At level 3 enemies sometimes drop a random crafting ingredient.
Professional Survival Skills Bundle
Unlock four survival skills that will make you even more deadly. This bundle includes Gunslinger, Bomb Expert, Executioner, and Damage Marker.
• Gunslinger - Equip this skill to start each spawn with more pistol ammo as you level up the skill.
• Bomb Expert - Your bombs will explode more quickly and you'll be immune to the stun of your own smoke bomb as you level up this skill.
• Executioner - If your play style is the higher the risk, the greater the reward, then this is the skill you want. Earn more parts for shiv kills and special executions, and get extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv.
• Damage Marker - Good at hitting your targets? This is the skill for you as you'll automatically mark any enemies you hit and earn double the parts for making.
Finally, everyone - non-season pass holders, included - will be getting a new gun, the Full-Auto Rifle, for free. This is a fully automatic, modified burst rifle that is very easy to use. It's the perfect weapon for people who are new to Factions and experts alike.
While it's been very cool to tell you about all this fresh content, nothing beats showing you. To that end, we'll be livestreaming for the first time ever Thursday, April 24th over on the Naughty Dog Twitch channel. We'll be showing off some of the new Grounded Bundle content, so tune in at 12:00 PM Pacific on April 24th to see new DLC in action.
Additionally, we'll be doing some livestreaming on Twitch for our participation in Operation Supply Drop's 8-Bit Salute on May 17th. Head over to learn more about the event at Team Naughty Dog's fundraising page today.
If you haven't purchased a season pass for The Last of Us yet, you're missing out. With our final pack, this Grounded Bundle, as well as the Abandoned Territories, the Left Behind, and the multiplayer head item drops all included, you'll be getting savings of more than 80% versus purchasing all the content individually.
The season pass will be available for $19.99 for four more weeks. After the week of May 13th, when PlayStation Store updates in your region, the season pass will no longer be available. Get the most out of The Last of Us while you still can.
Operation Supply Drop Inc., 9301 Alvyn Lake Circle, Bristow, VA 20136, (412) 370-3665. Operation Supply Drop is a 501(c)(3) organization, Tax ID: 27-3842517, mission statement.
More PlayStation 3 News...