Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button MotorStorm Does Not Support 1080p

Sponsored Links
    [IMGW]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3161345[/IMGW]Between a speech by Peter Dille, Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior VP of marketing, and a Sony representative both indicating MotorStorm would debut in the US at 60 frames per second and supporting 1080p resolutions, the Internet's been ablaze with speculation about the off-road racer. Too bad it's all for nothing, as SCEA told 1UP that MotorStorm is most definitely 30fps and remains at a HD resolution of 720p.

HD is new concept for gaming, so the mistake isn't a surprise but certainly a disappointment to many with high-end televisions. According to Sony, people "accidentally got caught up in the greater context of his [Dille] point which is that we currently do have (and will be creating much more) content that does run at 1080p and 60fps for PS3."

Thanks to 1UP.com for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    I am not at all disappointed that Motorstorm only uses 720p. It still looks and plays great IMHO. I'm tempted to buy the import, but I can hold out until the US release. I guess the same Hi-Def output can be said about Resistance? It's a 720p max game, but I have not heard people complain about it.

motorstorm does actually look pretty pretty good in 720p.. ran it through hdmi at 1080p on a lcd tv and it seemed pretty solid.. i didn't notice drastic framerate issues, but can definitely tell it wasn't at 60fps.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News