Today the Resistance 3 PS3 patch version 1.02 is available, and the developers at Insomniac Games have shared the update details, as follows:
Patch 1.02 for Resistance 3 is now available worldwide. We apologize for having two large patches this close to launch, but as you know, we’ve had a lot of issues to address from the Public Beta, and this has created the need for large patches. If you just want to play SP, you can ignore the patches (though there are some small fixes to the campaign) – but to go online, you will need to download them.
We wanted to detail some of the fixes in 1.02 for you. There are A LOT of fixes in this patch, some of which some players may not notice and are not worth detailing, but here are the big ones:
• Players should no longer get into “dead” games that don’t operate correctly
• Improvement in framerate/lag
• Matchmaking fixes
• Fewer players floating / clipping through environment
• Fix for freezing/crashing issues if you join a game as it is ending
• Can no longer leave party while in a co-op game (was causing a crash)
• Party fixes dealing with multiple invites, co-op
• Some SFX in St. Louis have been cleaned up
• Broadway map now loads games correctly
• Fixed issues when late-joining a campaign co-op game
• Multiple fixed issues on Chapter 13 in co-op
• Female voice over will now play for female skins in MP
• Player using Hazmat ability will no longer appear to catch fire or freeze
• Other various lobby, menu, co-op and multiplayer fixes
We are still working hard here to reduce lag / framerate issues that you see in the game. We have another patch already in the works to continue addressing new issues we’ve seen since launch, though many of these issues may be improved by the fixes in patch 1.02. Those issues include:
• Lag/Server sync issues
• Framerate drops and hitches
• Games where players cannot capture the flag/destroy a Node/etc.
More PlayStation 3 News...