InFamous Becomes Fastest Selling New Exclusive IP on PS3
It appears that InFamous has set the standard for new IPs that are exclusive to the PS3 in the US.
Below are some stats, courtesy of VGChartz and NPD, as follows:
- InFamous (May, 2009) - 176K first week
- Resistance (Nov., 2006) - 42K first week
- Motorstorm (March, 2007) - 107K first week
- Warhawk (August, 2007) - 70K first week
- Lair (August, 2007) - 69K first week
- Heavenly Sword (Sept., 2007) - 75K first week
- Uncharted (Nov., 2007) - 32K first week
- Haze (May, 2008) - 91K first week
- LittleBigPlanet (October, 2008) - 110K first week
To quote: Of course, established IPs have sold quite a bit more in their first week. Metal Gear Solid 4 sold upwards of 400,000 units, while established first party IPs such as Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 both sold close to 300,000 units in their debut.
More PlayStation 3 News...
I'm quite surprised with these results for inFamous actually. Let's face it, there was no real hype prior to its release. No TV ads, nothing big. And yet...
I wonder what sales would God of War 3 bring... above 400K?
I'm glad inFamous is getting good sales, it deserves it. Hope it has legs...
as if haze got 91k... lol that game was the ugliest game i have ever seen. the thing i hated the most about it was how they jump! looks retarded sounds retarded. just damn terrible.