Sony Product Manager Ken Chan announced news today of the Red Bull Challenge unleashed in their recent Gran Turismo 6 PS3 update.
Below are the details, to quote: Gran Turismo 6 will be updated today with two new Red Bull cars and the Red Bull X Challenge. The challenge is part of a collaboration with Infiniti Red Bull Racing that includes 2013 Formula 1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel mentoring players in the art of driving an authentic formula car.
Owners of GT6 will have the opportunity to select the first two of four new Red Bull cars. The Red Bull Racing Kart and Red Bull X2014 Junior will arrive in dealerships in-game via the update, while the Red Bull X2014 Standard and Fan cars can be expected to join them at a later stage.
All of the new Red Bull X2014 cars have been designed for GT6 in conjunction with Infiniti Red Bull Racing's legendary Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey.
The collaboration between Polyphony Digital and Red Bull is another project which celebrates the franchise's 15th anniversary, and the free update has been provided as a special end-of-year gift for Gran Turismo fans.
"We are very grateful to Adrian Newey, Sebastian Vettel, and Infiniti Red Bull Racing for providing this special gift for Gran Turismo fans. To be taught how to drive downforce cars by the best racing driver in the world is very special, and the new Red Bull X2014 cars are another exciting addition to Gran Turismo 6.
This is the latest update for the game, and there are more to come," President of Polyphony Digital Kazunori Yamauchi said.
Red Bull Racing's Sebastian Vettel added, "I've been playing Gran Turismo since I was 12, so to appear in the game myself as a mentor is great. I hope everyone enjoys the game."
• Click here to see the full gallery
A second phase of the Red Bull X Challenge, along with the other two Red Bull cars, will be made available in a future update for GT6.
Here's a list of what's included in this latest 1.02 update:
• Consecutive Login Bonus: when you log online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awarded will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the fifth day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!
• Earned Credits in Career Mode Increased: enough said.
• Entry Requirements for Seasonal Events Lowered: players will only need a National B license in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don't miss this opportunity and remember to log online!
• Bonus Events within Seasonal Events: two new Seasonal Events will run from December 20th, 2013 to January 17th, 2014 and January 2nd to January 30th, 2014. These unique events marking the seasonal holidays and the new year will feature special bonus credits.
There's a lot more coming to Gran Turismo 6, so keep your eyes on gran-turismo.com and here on PlayStation.Blog for more news.
More PlayStation 3 News...