Gran Turismo 5 Teams with Honda in NY Times Square Event
Public Relations Manager Alex Armour has announced today that Gran Turismo 5 is preparing to team with Honda in a massive New York Times Square event, as follows:
Gran Turismo fans! If you're in New York this Thursday, we will be part of a major Honda event in the middle of Times Square to celebrate the launch of their CR-Z Sport Hybrid coupe.
In addition to tons of displays, interactive elements, and on-stage entertainment (N.E.R.D.!), we will have a number of racing sleds available for consumers to come by and play the latest build of Gran Turismo 5 in glorious stereoscopic 3D, featuring the all-new CR-Z.
Honda will have a huge 3D Spectacolor screen installed to show off their new "Eclipse" commercial in 3D (at 46th, between Broadway and 7th), and there will be a host of other 3D content that will be showcased at the event.
Some other items to keep an eye out for:
- Exclusive musical performance by N.E.R.D. at the Honda Stage at 12:30pm located on Broadway between 42nd and 43rd Streets
- Interactive CR-Z vehicle displays
- Racing simulators for fans to play Gran Turismo 5 in 3D, featuring the CR-Z in-game
- Maxim models on site to distribute copies of the first ever 3D issue which includes a CR-Z 3D ad
- Polite in Public photo booths with 3D backdrops
- Distribution of special screen-printed shirts on-site
The event is this Thursday, September 23rd going from 10am to 6pm. Hope to see you there!
More PlayStation 3 News...
Arrrrgh! I'm always late to the cool stuff!
I was looking for something to do after work that Thursday, and this would've been perfect! Kicking myself for another missed opportunity.