Sony Associate Product Manager Ken Chan has announced that three new cars are due out this coming Tuesday as part of the Gran Turismo 5 PS3 2.08 update!
To quote: While we wait patiently for Spike's airing of GT Academy 2012 this fall, we have three new pieces of DLC and Update 2.08 releasing on Tuesday, September 25th to keep you guys battling in Gran Turismo 5.
Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 ($.99)
Relive the victory with the Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12, winner of the SP8T class in the 2012 Nürburgring 24-hour race.
The GT-R N24 GT Academy was developed by the GT-R development team of Nissan, and set up by software engineers of Gran Turismo. Driven by Gran Turismo series producer Kazunori Yamauchi and the first European GT Academy winner Lucas Ordonez, Team GT Academy won top victory in the SP8T class. Relive the victory at the Nürburgring with this signature GT-R N24.
Subaru BRZ S '12 ($.99)
Enjoy the natural feel of a compact front engine rear wheel drive (FR) sportscar by adding the Subaru BRZ S '12 to Gran Turismo 5.
Sharing the specifications of the Toyota FR-S, the production model prototype was announced at the Tokyo Motorshow in November 2011. In addition to the different front grill and foglights, the driving feel of the suspension settings focuses more on stability, and reflects the sports car philosophy of Subaru. In the BRZ, you can enjoy the feel of an FR layout sportscar -- a rarity in today's automobiles.
Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 ($.99)
Add the official Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 that competed in the GT500 class of Japan Super GT series to Gran Turismo 5.
The HSV-010 debuted in 2010 as the heir to the Honda NSX-GT. The car is a front engine rear wheel drive powered by a 3.4 liter V8 based on an engine designed for the Formula Nippon. The car achieved a double title win in its debut year, and this 2011 model utilizes side radiators to optimize weight distribution, further improving its cornering performance. Add this high performance Honda Racing machine to your collection.
A free downloadable update coming next week will add several new enhancements to GT5, as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the update 2.08 include:
• Now possible to select "Disable collisions" in the [Event Settings] of online races.
• ID's are now shown above cars when watching online races.
• Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers "G25 Racing Wheel", "G27 Racing Wheel", "T500RS" and "TH8RS" has been adjusted.
• Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
• Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
• Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
• Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)
More PlayStation 3 News...