- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Gran Turismo 5: New PS3 DLC & Update 2.02 Coming Next Week
Today Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has announced that new PS3 DLC and update 2.02 is coming to Gran Turismo 5 next week!
To quote: We're excited to announce all of the new content coming to Gran Turismo 5 next week, including our second round of DLC.
Next week you'll be able to download Car Pack 2 for $3.99 and add some fantastic new rides to your garage.
Car Pack 2 includes the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.
There's more good news, because as a special gift anyone who purchased anything from the first batch of DLC will get unlock the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards in the game for free.
The refresh cards will take any car back to being 'as good as new' while maintaining any modifications or paint jobs you have given your motors. To take advantage of this offer, you'll need to install the new downloadable update hitting next week.
The free downloadable update coming next week will also add several new enhancements to GT5 as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the benefits of update 2.02 include:
• Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
• The settings sheets will include a new 'copy' feature
• In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
• Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
• Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
• In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
• In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new 'Max. number of participants' setting
• In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now star marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
• Improved racing sound effects
• Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked
As an additional gift to players this holiday season, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will also receive the stunning Toyota FT-86 2012 to add to their in-game collection.
One more note: Those who purchased the course and/or vehicle DLC that was released in October will be able to download Family Upgrade unlocks for free from the store.
This means that if you bought the Racing Car Pack, Course Pack, or the 'Complete Pack' that contained both of these, by downloading the free Family Upgrade items, the content will now be accessible to more than just the user account that purchased the content.
Family members or friends using the same PS3 can all use the courses and cars. Note that the upgrade doesn't apply to the Racing Gear Pack or Special Paint Pack, and starting next week, new purchases will not have the restriction in place.
And don't forget, there's only one week left to compete in the special GT5 Time Trial Challenge and unlock a special edition Nissan GT-R for your garage. We hope you enjoy the free game updates, new cars and new batch of DLC. Drive safe!
More PlayStation 3 News...
12-14-2011 #2CFWfanboy Guest
My favorite game, but can't play it since 2.0 needed 3.73 fw. So i guess this update needs 4.0. But the bonuses are so tempting..
12-14-2011 #3Ezio Guest
It's time to update my GT5!
I played GT5 2.00, but I didn't see big differences than the older version.
But it is still my favorite race simulation game!
12-15-2011 #4HeyManHRU Guest
I was really excited for GT5 this time last year, but I've lost interest in driving "simulation" games over the years. But I'm glad the developers still care about GT5 and update it frequently.
12-15-2011 #5kablooey Guest
12-15-2011 #6defender2008 Guest
12-15-2011 #7Prezes1995 Guest
I can not wait
12-15-2011 #8elser1 Guest
kool.. i'm just about to pop it in to do the update.. i bought the last dlc and haven't even used it yet.. bf3.. LOL
see if i'm up to date and will get my free pass things.. thats kool i guess.. thanks