GDC '09 Video: InFamous - Terrorized Streets Gameplay
We have uploaded a gameplay video straight from the GDC for the PS3 exclusive inFamous from Sony and Sucker Punch Studios.
The video showcases the 'Terrorized Streets' mission in the game, you can it HD 720p quality below, along with a list of some of the key features in the game.
- Be a Hero: Take on the role of Cole, an everyday guy and urban explorer, who develops a wide range of electricity-based powers. Come to terms with and learn to control Cole's evolving powers as you attempt to save Empire City and its people.
- Super Powers: Discover, develop and use (for good or ill) a wide range of electricity-based super powers, and struggle to grasp the responsibility that comes with such extreme power.
- Epic Battles: Experience what it is like to be a true hero, taking responsibility for every action as you battle against powerful villains.
- Open Dynamic World: Coupling rich powers with a reactive environment and population, inFamous lets players experience complete freedom. Explore a deep, open interactive city - and grapple with your conscience as you decide whether to save or destroy it.
- Urban Exploration: Scale the cityscape to discover new vantage points and employ a vertical combat system. Utilise Cole's climbing skills to go where most people cannot, opening up a variety of offensive and defensive combat options in the process.
- Organic City Ecology: Watch the citizens and city react and evolve according to your actions. Events will unfold based on the role players take, and the consequences of your actions will ripple out across Empire City's people and environment.
More PlayStation 3 News...
The game looks awesome, can't wait for it to come out.
This game is basically GTA, but with superpowers.
But the STORY is going to play a HUGE part on the final verdict and quality of this game. I'm also hoping that they "paint" something out of this game, other than just throwing around electricity balls and jumping and climbing lamp posts.
If the story is well made, then this game will DEFINITELY deliver on all fronts. I mean, the graphics are very nice and the open-world concept (much like GTA) isn't something that we have seen in many games, except for GTA, that is. A true open-world design in a game is not something easy at all and takes much out of the production and design team to develop and create.
But i think sucker-punch studio has what it takes to mix in the genre with a less formal approach (meaning, superhero powers). I'm expecting this game to fare definitely above a 8/10 rating, but it's still far from gold release, so there is still a lot of room for improvement.
This game look pretty good, from what I've seen in the video clip.
I would most likely buy the game if not at least try it.
I was very skeptical about this game but after seeing this its a must have for my PS3 collection.It makes me think if any to 2 video games where combined to make this game it would be GTA and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.
P.S july can't come fast enough now I really hope the game is very long and has good DLC and lots of replay value...