Welcome to 1UP Theater, our new weekly feature brought to you courtesy of the guys over at GameVideos. Every Friday we'll be rounding up the biggest, most popular, newest, and most interesting videos that have popped up on GameVideos in the last week -- both official trailers and demos and user-created material! Here's what you can watch this week by keeping your station tuned to GameVideos and 1UP: The Big Shots
Phil Harrison E3 2007 Interview
E3 2007 may have been crazy-busy, but 1UP and EGM head honchos Sam Kennedy and Dan Hsu still managed to grab Phil Harrison for a big 15-minute interview. They cover a whole bunch of PlayStation issues, so if you're at all wondering what's up for Sony's future, check out the video or read our highlights.
Starcraft 2 1UP Interview
Blizzard. Starcraft 2. Mr. James Mielke and Mr. Jeff Green (and a teensy bit of Mr. Sean Molloy). Go, watch, and then read our massive hands-on preview.
- Boogie "Sing It" Trailer + "Make a Video" Gameplay -- If you thought the Wii was good at making people look like fools before, you ain't seen nothing yet. This short trailer for EA's almost-ready-for-release Boogie highlights gamers singing along to "Brick House". Also, you can make videos of said performance. Hillarious!
- Call of Duty 4 "C4" Gameplay -- As one of the biggest shooter franchises in existence right now and one of the most anticipated games of the year coming out of E3, Call of Duty 4 has some lofty expectations to fulfill. This short video sample of multiplayer is a pretty sweet reminder of why we're excited, though.
- Crysis "Epic Story" Trailer -- Not content with simply giving us a release date, Electronic Arts also released this brand-new story-centric trailer for the still-amazing-looking Crysis. On the one hand, the writing and voiceover stuff is all a bit corny and heavy-handed. On the other, OMFG CRYSIS SO PRETTY, etc.
- Dewy's Adventure Boss Battle -- Dewy's Adventure is the type of game we affectionately refer to as a "CUTE ATTACK ^____^"! In all honesty, we only have the vaguest clue what's going on in this boss battle from the game, but there's no escape from the insane levels of happy on display here.
- DiRT "Damage System" Trailer -- DiRT is a fun damned racing game, and one of the reason's why is its impressively extensive damage system for cars, fences, and pretty much everything else in the game. This vid focuses on just that, much to our unending glee.
- Dynasty Warriors 6 Japanese Debut Trailer -- Graphically, the next-gen-only Dynasty Warriors 6 is a noticeable step up from its predecessors. Gameplay-wise, though... well, I don't want to shock anyone, but it looks like it involves slashing at large groups of enemies with your weapon over and over again.
- Everyday Shooter "Orange Level" Video -- There's a reason (or three or four) that this indie shmup sensation made our Best of E3 2007 list, and we think that's perfectly illustrated in this level demonstration.
- Face Training DS Japanese Trailer -- Brain training? To hell with your brain training! We have FACE training now. I'll let this one speak for itself... in Japanese while middle-aged Japanese women slowly make their mouths wider. I'm going to have nightmares.
- God of War: Chains of Olympus Full Demo -- We're still not 100% convinced that a portable version of God of War can live up to the thrills achieved in the first two PS2 games, but this video of the demo of Chains of Olympus gives us a good feeling that they're on the right track.
- Guilty Gear XX Japanese "Opening" Video + Johnny vs. Venom Battle -- The latest in the Guilty Gear series returns to its hardcore fighting game roots on the Wii. This intro gives us a pretty rockin' idea of the enormous list of characters to choose from, including the just-plain-awesomely-named Sol Badguy. I wish my parents were so cool as to name me Sol Badguy. We've also got some gameplay footage of what a match in the game will look like.
- Lego Indiana Jones Debut Trailer -- There's no denying: Lego Indiana Jones simply makes sense. This debut trailer gives us a taste of the action and the humor we can expect from this summer 2008 release.
- Madden 08 360 "Ball Strip" -- Just the briefest snippet of gameplay to get you Madden-ites drooling.
- Madden 08 Wii "Features" Trailer -- It seems a little bit shady that one of the major features they're pumping for Madden NFL 08 for the Wii is that it will have all the normal modes we'd expect from a "full" Madden game. Still, this trailer also reveals some interesting new stuff, including the addition of mini-games and a strange "Family Mode" that removes the need for the nunchuk.
- Marathon: Durandal "Level 1" Gameplay -- One of the original games from the minds behind Halo is now available on Xbox Live Arcade. This vid shows off the full first level of the game, so you can see if it's worth your hard-earned $10.
- Need For Speed ProStreet "Smoke" Trailer -- After seeing the latest vid for this year's iteration of the Need For Speed franchise, there's one thing we can say for sure: the game will future pretty smoke. No idea what that means for gameplay, but there it is.
- Penny Arcade Adventures Episode I Comic-Con Trailer -- Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 1 has two big things going for it that we can make out: the Penny Arcade license and a really freakin' long name with which to bludgeon competitors in the web-comic-cum-video-game field. The actual gameplay for this title isn't really made of the stuff that works well in trailers, but the creators thankfully recognized that and instead use this brilliant three minutes to show off what we're really looking for in a PA game: their sense of humor.
- Pixel Junk Racers "Fireball Frenzy" -- This PlayStation Network downloadable game definitely has a unique arcade racer look going on, but we still don't know exactly what's going on in gameplay. Take a look for yourself.
- Pre-Teen Raider Trailer -- The Tomb Raider Re\Visioned series of cartoons based on Lara Croft was announced months ago, but my most eagerly anticipated episode is just now hitting. You're probably laughing at the title, but with comic book hotshot Gail Simone writing and great animation studio Six Point Harness drawing it up, this should actually be quite good when it debuts on August 9th. No, seriously.
- Project Offset "Battle" Teaser -- We hadn't really heard of Project Offset, but after this gorgeous 1-minute teaser, consider them on the list of games to pay very close attention to in 2008.
- SimCity Societies "Endless Creation" -- SimCity Societies is certainly causing some controversy, but this latest trailer shows off a couple of new city types that have us psyched. A hybrid farming community slash future city? Yes, please.
- SOCOM Tactical Strike "Streets" Gameplay -- The SOCOM series has been surprisingly well-done on the PSP. This vid gives a taste of the tactics you can expect from the latest installment.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl "Adventure" -- We discovered earlier today that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii is going to include a "robust single-player side-scrolling action game" mode in addition to the usual punching and, well, smashing. This video is the intro to that new mode and shows off the enemies players will face therein.
- WolfQuest "Survive the Wild" Trailer -- For any polish it (or its trailer) lacks, WolfQuest seems to at least be pushing a rather unique online experience. With the Minnesota Zoo backing the game as an educational experience for kids, it'll be interesting to see if this one catches on.
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Debut -- Apparently there's some expansion pack coming out for this obscure MMORPG thing? Whatever. Looks quite pretty, though.
The Kitchen Sink
- The 1UP Show Episode 08/03/07 -- !!! The latest episode of everyone's favorite weekly gaming show is up and ready to rumble. This week members of the 1UP crew discuss Dragon Quest Swords, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and Persona 3. Countdown to EPISODE 100: four weeks.
- Fable 2 Video Diary Ep. 2: Combat -- With this video, Molyneux and team finally start going into some specific details on what we can expect from the combat side of Fable 2. And in the perfect Molyneux style, he convinces us that it will be the BEST VIDEO GAME EVAR!!
- Hot Shots Golf 5 "Up Skirt" -- Is this feature a bullet point on the box? Perhaps it should be.
- Keiji Inafune E3 2007 Interview -- The Milkman sits down with the Megaman. This video interview from E3 features nearly 10 minutes of these two hashing out everything from Resident Evil to Onimusha to the likelihood of a new Megaman Legends game.
- Left 4 Dead QuakeCon 2007 Footage -- This isn't the best footage we've got of upcoming zombie FPS Left 4 Dead, but it is brand new and live from QuakeCon.
- Nintendo Wii Logo Parody -- The creator of this parody vid gives Nintendo's Wii the new slogan "It's really confusing." So is this video in its own special way.
Thanks to 1UP.com for sharing the news with us!