[IMGW]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3369815[/IMGW] Welcome to 1UP Theater, our new weekly feature brought to you courtesy of the guys over at GameVideos. Every Friday we'll be rounding up the biggest, most popular, newest, and most interesting videos that have popped up on GameVideos in the last week -- both official trailers and demos and user-created material! Here's what you can watch this week by keeping your station tuned to GameVideos and 1UP:
The Big Shots
Madden NFL 08 "PS3/Xbox 360 Comparison"
You've heard all the talk of the PlayStation 3's trouble with running Madden NFL 08 at the Xbox 360's super-smooth 60 frames per second. Now see for yourself just how big the difference is or is not.
Steam "Community Features" Tour
GameVideos.com's Mark MacDonald and Games for Windows Magazine's Shawn Elliott team up in an epic way to walk us through the wild new community that Valve is adding to Steam. Will the PC gaming service trump Microsoft's paid Windows Live? Let's just say that it's time to pull out those lawn chairs and take a seat -- this one's going to be a slobberknocker.
- Blazing Angels 2 "Destroyers" + "Torpedo Drop" + "Dogfight" Gameplay -- So maybe no one asked for a sequel to Blazing Angels, but we might as well get what we can from this Ubisoft effort. At least the second game has the somewhat interesting twist of focusing on "secret missions" of World War II that include crazy prototype planes such as those featured in these videos.
- Call of Duty 4 "Ghillie in the Mist" -- Everyone remembers that moment in the Call of Duty 4 demonstration at E3 where a camoflauged ally popped out of the ground, moments earlier impossible to spot to all those watching. This video shows how you'll be able to do the same thing yourself... with much more lethal results.
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars "Area 22" Map -- We can't get the Games For Windows guys to shut up about about Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, as demonstrated in last week's episode of the 1UP Show. See if all the hype's worth it in this look at a new map.
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies "Particle Man" -- The Wii/DS spin-off of Geometry Wars is looking to justify a full-game price tag where small downloadable prices have sufficed before. We still can't tell you if it'll be totally worth it, but this wacky commercial... well, doesn't really provide any evidence either way. It's pretty weird though. Yup.
- Guilty Gear XX AC "Intro" + "Faust vs. Bridget" -- Like the Guilty Gear vids we had last week, these two clips show off the introduction (now Americanized) and some of the fighting from this upcoming Wii extension of the series.
- Heavenly Sword Part 1: Legend of the Sword -- Sony's ramping up for the release of one of their first huge PlayStation 3 titles in a fairly unique way. This first in a series of stylish animated shorts delves into the background of Heavenly Sword's story. And yes, the octopus hair is still here and in full tentacle form.
- id Tech 5 "QuakeCon Demo" Part 1 -- id Tech 5 is all the Rage (ha!) with graphics-conscious gamers right now. Like so many id-crafted engines before it, it's the new hotness, the unabashedly visual reason for upgrading the PC or buying that next-gen console. Let this live demo from QuakeCon convert you and get your engines revving for this gorgeous game.
- Left 4 Dead "QuakeCon" Gameplay -- Remember our Left 4 Dead footage from last week? This is pretty much the same stuff except now it's a direct feed of the game instead of crappy shakey camera footage. The difference is tangible.
- Medal of Honor Airborne "Multiplayer" -- The latest in a long line of World War 2 first-person shooters from Electronic Arts is at least trying to pull off something new. This trailer shows us how the game's new focus on free-roaming gameplay will play into the multiplayer portion.
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption "Wii Ware" -- New footage of one of Nintendo's biggest releases of this year. What more could possibly matter?
- Musika "iPod" Gameplay -- Rarely do we look twice at game's on the iPod, but then again how often do you get one of these from the creator of PaRappa the Rapper? Check this video to see how the new music game works and then scope 1UP's interview with its creator, Masaya Matsuura.
- Piyotama "Egg Drop Combo" Gameplay -- This bizarre new PlayStation Network title sort of came out of nowhere, surprising everyone with its puzzley gameplay and, uh, total weirdness. Let this video teach you the ancient secret of matching colored eggs for profit and fun.
- Starcraft 2 "Multiplayer" -- There is no not being excited about Starcraft 2, and if you somehow claim to be, well, best get used to a lot of hype anyways. Each new batch of footage from the game just gets the legion of fans drooling sloppier, and this one shows off what is arguably the most important aspect of Starcraft 2, in its honorary home of South Korea at least.
- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground "Explore" -- You've gotta hand it to the Tony Hawk video game franchise for persistence if nothing else. This latest outing promises huge, open worlds for causing trouble in. Okay, the last game had those too, but even huger.
- Track and Field "Original" Gameplay + "Enhanced" Gameplay -- It's a scientifically confirmed fact that 1UP knows how to rock it old-school just as well as we kick it new-school. Thus we've given you the best of both worlds with clips of this week's Xbox Live Arcade release, Track & Field, in both its original form and with the new paint job.
- Undertow "Multi" Gameplay + "Line Mission" + "Tidepool Mission" -- Last week a friend told me that Undertow is destined to be one of the most popular and most-played games on Xbox Live Arcade. While it may have a way to go to live up to that prediction, these three videos show that its certainly on its way.
- Winning Eleven 2008 "Debut" Teaser -- Soccer's not so popular here in North America, but that's only more reason for the Europeans to laugh at our barbarism while smoking pipes and screaming "Pip pip!" and "Bully!" at the team of their choice. Konami's latest version of the Winning Eleven series (or, as it's known over there, Pro Evolution Soccer) may not give you that exact same sensation, but it will certainly let you "kick it".
The Kitchen Sink
The 1UP Show Episode 08/10/2007 -- This week the 1UP Show crew tackles the first of August's numerous gaming shows, QuakeCon and BlizzCon, Mass Effect, and Everyday Shooter. This bonus-sized, jam-packed episode marks the end of the 1UP Show's sixth stellar season. Countdown to EPISODE 100: three weeks.
8-Bit A-Team Parody -- This one's sure to leave you with a thirst for more pixelated comedy, so let's hope that creator James Atkins keeps pumping these out. So many possibilities for this dream team.
The Controller "Movie" Trailer -- I've been told this is for real, but I'm choosing to keep my faith in humanity just enough to believe that this film could not actually be made. The trailer's must-see for laughs, but nothing else.
Guitar Hero 2 "Dueling Banjos" -- Just how insanely cool has the Guitar Hero 2 custom track-creating community grown? This video should be proof. One man; one colorful, plastic guitar; two banjos fighting it out the only way banjos know how.
Igarashi "5 Questions" Interview -- EGM's smash hit "Five Lives" segment comes flying out of the magazine and into VIDEO FORM. Not only that, but the challenger for this round is infamous Castlevania producer Koji Igarashi. Will he survive? Who does he think the hottest Castlevania chick is? Tune in and find out!
iPhone "NES Emulator" -- As if the iPhone didn't already have enough to cause multiple nerdgasms all on its lonesome. Now some punks have gone and given Apple's powerful cell phone/iPod hybrid the power to run NES ROMs. Admittedly, this is the first time mobile gaming has looked truly appealing.
Xbox 360 "Towel Wrap Fix" -- Oh, the lengths people will go to in order to fix their 360. In this instructional video, CheapyD of Cheap Ass Gamer goes over the legendary towel trick that temporarily extinguishes those scary red lights. The best part about the video, though, is Cheapy's performance, which critics have called "endearingly awkward."
Thanks to 1UP.com for sharing the news with us!