Full List of Changes to the PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.53 Update
The new firmware update for the PS3 will be released today. Firmware v2.53 will contain many changes to your system settings. The full list of changes will be categorized under each of your XMB sections.
* You now have an option to set the PS3 to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content. This option is available when you turn off the system while content is being downloaded or installed.
* BD/DVD has been renamed to Video Settings
* Sequential Playback has been added as an option under Video Settings
* Divx VOD Registration Code has been added under System Settings
* Power Save Settings have been added as an option for the system and controllers. They can now be set to shut off after a certain period of time
* The method for connecting Bluetooth devices has been changed
* You can now choose German, French (Canada) and French (Switzerland) keyboard types
* You can now select printers that support network connectivity including HP printers using the HP option
* You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the control panel
* Scene Search has been added as an option on the control panel
* Mosquito Noise Reduction has been added for video content that is saved on the hard drive or storage media
* During BD and DVD playback, a technique known as chroma upsampling is now automatically selected based on the movement of objects within the video to enhance images
* Playback quality of some PS3 format software has been improved
* Text entry issues that have occurred on screen with Bluetooth keyboard have been addressed
* Trophies can now be synced with the server
* Pressing the PS button now allows you, on most PS3 format software, to view information from the Settings and Connection Status List option under Netwrok Settings
* Your Internet browser will now support Adobe Flash Player content
* Full screen support has been added to Adobe Flash Player 9
* The way to disable the automatic sign-in option and sign out have been changed
* Button designs have been changed on the Playstation Store along with the addition of a Redeem Codes button
* You can now view information about the most recent sign-in for friends
With all of these additions, the PlayStation 3 is coming one step closer to being the only piece of equipment needed in an entertainment system. So fire up your PlayStation and get to downloading! More PlayStation 3 News...
I think 2.52 and 2.53 firmware are combined in a way, i could be wrong though but it kinda seems that way.
Um Actually... I have had that firmware since October.... Maybe September even. It came out 3 days after Firmware 2.52. Did I get a advance copy or something?
weird all these features and stuff are from the previous firmware update version 2.50
Still far from being a MEDIA CENTER replacement.
> NO SUBTITLE SUPPORT on video files (e.g. AVI, M2TS, etc...). Still hoping to watch on my PS3 japanese animes that I rip to my PC's hard drive...
> NO MKV SUPPORT !!! Jeeez !!!!! I know it's not a standard my the strict meaning, but ripping in MKV is the rule now. (I could remux to M2TS though but it has limitations..)
Edit: I checked It says 2.52, But I have all the features of 2.53.