Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

File Checksum problem on Metadata File :(

Hello guys,

Can someone help me please ?
    I don't know if you have already encountered this problem with YDL 5.0.1 release

.... when i try to install an app or simply use command line : yum update

It loads repositories and metadata local file primary.xml.gz and it replies [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum.
    Then it tries other mirrors and at the end says
    [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I believe there is a way not to check this damn checksum file but i don't know where it is.

I use repositories from freshrpms, livna,

I have cleaned cache amd metadata and updated files but no way to resolve this

Thank you for your precious help

Cheers.
    Slash77.

Give a try,

It looks like we have a corrupt RPM util-linux-2.13-0.50.0.ppc.rpm 21-Dec-2007 16:16 1.9M on the Yellow Dog Repo server. http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/ye.../updates/RPMS/

I was able to find a working one on. ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/ydl/yum/5.0/updates/RPMS/
    util-linux-2.13-0.50.0.ppc.rpm 1954 KB 12/21/2007 05:11:00 PM

So how does this relate to yum. The default yum.repos on the 5.0.2 YDL only lists the yellow dog server, therefore application like yum or add/remove software are crashing.

Fix: Option 1 Goto an alt ftp server. download a working rpm. install #rpm -Uvh util-linux-2.13-0.50.0.ppc.rpm
    Then yum should just work fine.

Option 2: Fix your yum repos.