Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Famitsu Reveals R-Type 3D is Coming Exclusively to PS3

According to the latest Famitsu Magazine, R-Type 3D is coming exclusively to the PS3 console.

It appears that R-Type Final is indeed not the last in the series, according to distantmantra commenting on the latest Famitsu issue at NeoGAF: "There's something about a PS3 exclusive (?) R-Type 3D, and 3D Dot Game Heroes got 8/8/7/7."

For those unaware, R-Type is a side scrolling shoot-em-up arcade game produced by Irem. The player controls a space fighter named "Arrowhead" to defend humanity against a mysterious but powerful alien life-form known as "Bydo", which was later discovered to be not entirely alien in origin.

To quote from Examiner.com (linked above): "It is unknown whether the "3D" in title means that the game will take place in a 3D plane or whether it would be in a 2D plane with 3D graphics (a la R-Type Delta)."

More details to come as they are available!

More PlayStation 3 News...

darksyde Guest
    R-type for me was a 2d classic game and should remain so. Some games should be left the way thy are, maybe a slight tweek in the way the did SF4 may work.

semitope Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darksyde View Post
    R-type for me was a 2d classic game and should remain so. Some games should be left the way thy are, maybe a slight tweek in the way the did SF4 may work.
    SF4 wasnt a slight tweak.... was it?

I want more remakes but really only for the ps2 games. They could benefit from some update graphics trophies etc. Older games are harder to translate