Sony Vice President of Developer and Publisher Relations Adam Boyes announced today during that E3 2013 that Indie developers are continuing to choose PlayStation.
Fron the announcement, to quote: We just wrapped up the PlayStation E3 press conference where we reaffirmed our mantra: We're For Gamers.
We also reaffirmed our dedication to independent developers and their ability to self-publish on PlayStation. We've increased our efforts in a huge way to bring unique gaming experiences to PlayStation platforms, and as we just revealed, we have an excellent lineup of games coming to the PlayStation 4 from the indie development community. Let's take a look at some of those titles:
When Supergiant Games unveiled Transistor in March I was smitten. When I played it at PAX East I was in love (I MAY have skipped the 4 hour line to check out the game. Supergiant's newest game has all the style, mystery and flare we have come to expect from the creators of Bastion.
I look forward to unraveling Red's journey through the City. We have been eager to work with Supergiant and are happy to announce that Transistor will make its console debut on PlayStation 4. Welcome to the PlayStation family, Supergiant Games. We're excited to have you.
Now, here at E3, we are upping the ante even further with the announcement of nine (!) new indie titles, all of which will be making their console debut on PlayStation 4:
• Don't Starve - Klei
• Galak-Z - 17-bit
• Mercenary Kings - Tribute Games
• Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Young Horses
• Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey New 'n' Tasty - Oddworld Inhabitants (Also coming to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita)
• Outlast - Red Barrels
• Ray's the Dead - Ragtag Studio
• Secret Ponchos - Switchblade Monkeys
• Transistor - Supergiant Games
Based on these nine games that we announced today, you can see that we're looking to deliver innovative games that span across a wide spectrum of genres - everything from first-person horror to cephalopod fatherhood simulation - to ensure that gamers have an endless variety of experiences to choose from.
For those of you that are attending E3 this year, I invite you to get hands-on with the plethora of indie games that are on display at the PlayStation booth in the West Hall, including some of the above newly announced titles and all of the games listed below:
• 1001 Spikes (Nicalis) - PS Vita
• Blacklight: Retribution (Zombie) - PS4
• Contrast (Compulsion Games) - PS4, PS3
• Deathmatch Village (Bloober Team) - PS Vita
• Divekick (Iron Galaxy) -PS3, PS Vita
• Dragon Fantasy Book II (Muteki) - PS Vita, PS3
• FieldRunners 2 (Subatomic) - PS Vita
• Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims (Dakko Dakko) - PS Vita
• Hotline Miami (Devolver Digital) - PS Vita, PS3
• Ibb and Obb (Sparpweed) - PS3
• Kickbeat (Zen Studios) - PS Vita
• Limbo (Playdead) - PS Vita, PS3
• Lone Survivor (Curve Studios) - PS Vita, PS3
• Luftrausers (Devolver Digital) - PS Vita, PS3
• Men's Room Mayhem (Ripstone) - PS Vita
• OlliOlli (Rolling Media) PS Vita, PS3
• Pinball Arcade (Farsight) - PS4
• Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - PS Vita, PS3
• Spelunky (Mossmouth) - PS Vita, PS3
• Sportsfriends(Die Gute Fabrik) - PS3
• Splice (Cipher Prime) - PS3
• Stealth Inc. (Curve Studios) - PS Vita, PS3
• Stick it to the Man (Ripstone) - PS Vita, PS3
• Velocity Ultra (FuturLab) - PS Vita
• Warframe (Digital Extremes) - PS4
Be sure to also stop by the IndieCade booth (#3035) to check out Die Gute Fabrik's Johann Sebastian Joust from the Sportsfriends compendium, the amazing PS Move-based physical party game, running on PS3 for the first time!
As I mentioned before, it's a very exciting time for gamers to join the PlayStation family, and we can't wait to hear what you think of our lineup. Be sure to keep your eyes on the blog for more information on all of these games, and even more announcements throughout the week!
More PlayStation 3 News...