DICE: Battlefield 3 PS3 Open Beta is Now Available on PSN!
DICE Junior Product Manager Tommy Rydling has announced today that the Battlefield 3 PS3 Open Beta is now available on PSN!
To quote: Starting now, we are happy to invite all PS3 players to the much anticipated Battlefield 3 Open Beta!
Played on the Operation Metro map in Rush mode that won us Best Action Game and Best Multiplayer Game at E3, this is your chance to experience one of many flavors of Battlefield 3.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your great interest in this Open Beta. By joining, you will help us stress test servers, allow us to run important tests on the game's back-end and Battlelog.
Remember that this software is in Beta and does not represent the game's final quality - you'll have to wait for October 25th for that! For a full FAQ on the Open Beta, head here.
Please leave any feedback to us at DICE via the forums in the social platform Battlelog. Make sure to also head to our free social platform Battlelog to check your in-depth stats progression, start your own Platoon, and see how your friends are doing in the news feed.
To get you started on the Operation Metro map, here are some playing tips straight from us at DICE. You can also study the PS3 control scheme in the image below. Enjoy, and let us know what you think!
DICE's Top 10 Battlefield Tips for Operation Metro:
1. Stick to your teammates, and remember to spawn on them to stay close to the fight.
2. Use your kit specific abilities to help your team mates. Assault can hand out med kits, Engineers can repair vehicles, and Support can hand out ammo.
3. When you arm an M-COM station, defend it to ensure it's destroyed.
4. The bombed-out tunnel section in Operation Metro is an excellent place to use a flashlight as one of your weapon attachments. Use it to light the tunnels up - and to blind your enemies!
5. Attach bipods to your weapon and deploy it automatically by pushing up against cover or laying prone and zooming in - this gives you a huge increase in accuracy and stability.
6. Use suppressive fire (shoot close to enemies behind cover) to negatively impact the enemy's fighting capabilities.
7. Watch out for falling debris -- it can hurt you! But you can also hurt your enemies by taking out buildings with the Engineer's RPG.
8. Shotguns are excellent for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) in the tighter tunnels sections.
9. Fire automatic weapons in short bursts for accuracy, or switch to single-fire mode if applicable.
10. To grab your enemy's dog tag as a souvenir, perform a stealth knife kill from behind.
More PlayStation 3 News...
Getting on it! This looks to be an absolutely amazing game
It's times like these I wish I still had PSN.
I think battlefield 3 is going to sell more that CoD MW3 this year.
There's been people telling me that they can get under the map in this easily, and that it has a lot of glitches.
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but black ops has the worst spawning system ever! You like spawn just in front of the enemy and this doesn't only happen once, it happens all the time. Especially in small maps.
For those of you like HeyManHRU who don't have PSN access right now I would recommend the PC version if it weren't for two major problems:
1 - Open beta players have only access to 1 map, Metro, which is buggy and just plain not that fun. The learning curve on that map is steep, like running into a brick wall, a very glitched brick wall.
2 - The average PC cannot handle this game by any means. I use a Radeon HD 6970 2GB on steroids (OC'd to 1GHz/6.4GHz) and it's not enough to hold 60fps with max settings at my resolution of 2048x1152. It's close enough to the standard resolutions of 1920x1080/1920x1200 so it's nothing far fetched.
theres other maps to on the beta.. you need to get the daily password. just google it. that operation metro map isn't much at all. its just to check the back end and is not what bf3 is like or about..
I know about the daily password for the Caspian map but every single server is completely full 24/7 for that. I tried getting in for a while, no luck, every spot is taken in under two seconds. Within the two seconds it takes for it to refresh and for me to select it then paste the password the spot is already taken, every time. I think people with no lives just constantly spam a server until they get in. Or maybe the smart ones write a macro to do that.
Yes Battlefield 3 Beta has a lot of Bugs, still. The game has everything, from extreme laggs, corpses who can kill, "QWOP"-killer and "under the surface" soldiers.
to me the game is dogshit and a massive let down so far..kinda mmakes me wish i didnt already pay off my preorder of this..