- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.06 Update Arrives, Patch Details
Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.06 update went live today and includes the following patch details, to quote:
We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
Patch 1.06 released at 2AM PST on 1/25/11. Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
1/25/11 (Patch 1.06)
- New contracts added to the rotation.
- Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.
- Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
- Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
- Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
- Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.
- Fixed a timing specific, long/infinite loading screen when joining games (sometimes giving you "Error - Read error (0x80010713) on file ").
- Fixed a timing-specific freeze when host powered down during host migration.
- Cleaned up the map search filter in the Community section (deleted unused entries).
- Fixed Combat Training's "USE FRIENDS" option for bots names.
- Fixed issue with split-screen guest profile names being blank, resulting in matches never launching.
- Instead of showing the generic "Player" for offline profiles in LAN, we now display the PS3 profile name.
- Fixed Friends list appearing after viewing a Friends Playercard from the Leaderboards.
- Fixed filter so players can now view Friends on Zombies leadboards.
- Fix timing specific issue where the game can be put into slow motion.
- Addressed "disconnected path" error when using the doors in Radiation after a host migration.
- Fixed stability issues navigating lobbies after client on Split Screen Zombies quits out of a game.
- Addressed issue/exploit when removing Counter Spy Plane effects with the Jammer.
- Fixed a freeze when quickly loading maps one after another in private match.
- Fixed issue where players get primary weapons in Second Chance.
- Fixed "NEW" stamp not disappearing for Custom Slot 9 when highlighting the slot.
- Removed water vision effect when respawning after dying in the acid pool in Radiation.
- Several contract fixes.
- Second Chance - players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited for a full kill once that enemy dies. If another player kills the enemy while the enemy is in Second Chance, they will get assist credit.
- Adjustments to the PSG1 with attachments.
- AK74U adjustments.
- RCXD adjustments.
- Silenced sniper rifle adjustments.
- Removed hit markers when shooting friendly equipment.
More PlayStation 3 News...
01-26-2011 #2SantaClawZ Guest
Finally, some adjustments to the AK74u. That gun was ruining the game for me. Second chance adjustments sound good too.
01-26-2011 #3roachleader Guest
its about time they did something about the lobby/party connectivity issues, i can only hope they fixed that nasty bug that keeps kicking me out of my friends' parties with the message "party is no longer active".
and these second chance changes i love, due to the fact every time i put someone into last stand, some idiot from my team ALWAYS goes all rambo and steals the kill.
01-26-2011 #4NCSUfan Guest
I was hoping they'd address the dipshit partner(s) bug prevalent in every other Zombie mode I play.
01-26-2011 #5IslaTurbine Guest
Anyone tried the update on a 3.41 jailbroken console? Seems most new patches these days give you a black screen if you're not on 3.55 OFW.
01-26-2011 #6stinky1978 Guest
just run 3.55 MFW and you will be fine.
01-26-2011 #7hayman Guest
i use ps3 60 GB fat with CFW, can i update... ?
01-26-2011 #8dchristopher56 Guest
the second chance adjustment is great, but what exactly did they do to the ak74?
01-26-2011 #9Philosuffer Guest
Noticed that as well, but on second thought, it's probably better that they do not detail what they changed because then people will probably cry more.
I'll just continue using it and see if it continues to fit my style - if not, there are plenty of other guns to choose from.
01-26-2011 #10anon777 Guest
i'm on 3.55 cfw and i updated from my backup.. don't know if that's required but it works online