Activision Community Manager Dan Amrich has confirmed today that Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution DLC hits PSN on February 28, 2013.
Below are is the full scoop, to quote: As the old saying goes, "the revolution will not be televised." Nonsense - it's not only on your TV screen, but it will be interactive, too.
Revolution, the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, arrives on PlayStation Network on February 28 - and there's more inside this collection than you may be expecting.
Revolution offers a heck of a lot of content for both multiplayer and Zombies fans. First up are the four multiplayer maps:
• Hydro: Located in Pakistan, this hydro-electric plant comes complete with a lethal spillway that floods with very little warning.
• Grind: Set in a skate park in Venice Beach (the birthplace of skateboarding!), quarter-pipes and curved surfaces drive players away from easy cover and into intense firefights.
• Downhill: A ski resort in the French Alps, this snowy map is complete with a moving gondola system that can both offer cover and crush you to death.
• Mirage: Located in China's Gobi Desert, this luxury resort has been ravaged by a sandstorm.
It's worth noting that Mirage is also the first Black Ops II map where Domination takes place in a triangular flag pattern instead of a linear one - that is, you can run laps around the main hotel (or cut through it) as you try to capture the three flags at three different corners of the map. You may find this changes up your Domination strategies a bit.
As a bonus, Revolution also contains the first downloadable weapon in Call of Duty history. The Peacekeeper SMG has the small form factor of a compact submachine gun, but the range of an assault rifle. It's actually rated two points higher in range than the longest-range SMG in the game, the MSMC.
It's not the overpowered monster that I think some gamers were afraid it might be, but it will likely become a very popular choice for the short-to-medium range specialists out there. And once you level it up along with the rest of your SMGs, it too can sport gold and diamond camos.
If you are a Zombies fan, Treyarch has some secrets and surprises in store for you, too. Die Rise is an all-new Zombies level that takes place in a shattered skyscraper; one false move might send you right over the edge in a very literal and non-metaphorical sense.
The verticality of this level makes it feel unlike other Zombies experiences; you're constantly finding new places above and below, exploring the rubble, locating parts for buildables, and even finding surprises in the very unsafe elevators. Some of those surprises are good, and some of them... well, just be prepared for anything, okay?
Last but definitely not least, Revolution offers a new way to play Zombies altogether, in the form of a new mode called Turned. Throw out your expectations for a strategic and calculating Zombies experience - this one's all about adrenaline. Up to four players can join in; one is human, the other three are zombies.
The winner of the match is the person who can survive as the human the longest. A Reverse Gun Game weapon loadout means that the human switches from powerful to weaker weapons as their turn continues; whichever zombie player can take out the human becomes the human themselves.
It's very fast, very frantic, and makes a great short experience for those times you want to play but can't commit to a long gameplay session.
Prepare to have your high expectations met when Revolution arrives on PSN February 28. And look for me in the online lobbies - my PSN ID is OneOfSwords, and I'm the easy target!
Update: From bubba: If you don't want or don't know how to use ReactPSN, then use the included DLC fixes for your version of the game. The official update 1.07 needed for the DLC to work is also included.
When you install the DLC for your version of the game,then you will want to install the reactpsn and the dlc pkg's, put the rap file on a usb in a folder called exdata and then put the usb in the far right usb port, create an account and then sign in and activate the system from account management.
This needs to be done only if you do not already have a valid act.dat on your PS3 you can check by looking in the exdata folder on the users at hdd0/home/xxxxx, then you will need to create another new user called aa, run reactpsn and if all goes well your ps3 should reboot and you will see that the aa user has now change to reactpsn v2.01 rif 0edat and thats it your done.
US rap is just a throw together to see if it could activate the us users maps as well. ReactPSN and a tut how to use it is included.
• BLES01717_A0107-341-355 by opoisso893 - NeedOfficial107.7z 20.922 MB
• BO2-Revolution-BLES01717.pkg 1.808 GB
• BO2-Revolution-BLUS31011 .pkg 1.808 GB
• Call of Duty Black Ops 2 BLES DLC fix.rar 18.522 kB
• Call of Duty Black Ops 2 BLUS DLC fix.rar 18.495 kB
• EP0002-BLES01717_00-CODBLOPS2PATCH04-A0107-V0100-PE.pkg 68.909 MB
• EP0002-BLES01717_00-MAPPACKMPZMBDLC1.rap 0.016 kB
• NPUB31054_A0107-341-355 by opoisso893 - NeedOfficial107.7z 20.922 MB
• ReactPSN useful info.doc 48.500 kB
• UP0002-BLUS31011_00-MAPPACKMPZMBDLC1.rap 0.016 kB
• UP0002-NPUB31054_00-CODBLACKOPS2DL00-A0107-V0100-PE.pkg 90.842 MB
• reActPSN v2.23 CFW341-421.pkg 283.609 kB
More PlayStation 3 News...