PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

[UnAnswered] PS3 proxy by 3r1c

I have been using the PS3proxy v.1.0 by 3r1c for transferring smaller demo and add-on pkg from PC to PS3 firmware 2.42. I have purchased Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty from PSstore and have downloaded the pkg file, but it failed when I tried transferring it.

While googling for answers (which oddly not many discussions were found), I found v.1.1 which supposedly include fixes for large pkg files. but I got even worse results... PSstore gave an error as soon as I clicked the download button. I am wondering if anyone have successfully transferred it from PC and using which proxy/method for 2.42.

Cheers.

Lightbulb

You have probably already seen it, but if not there is a STICKY on this with those discussing similar issues here:

http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ne...oxy-97737.html

Also, a general FAQ for PS3 Proxy and the links is here: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-on...ead-64977.html

Thank you for the links, but yes, I have visited those threads. I apologize for creating a new thread, but after reading those 2 threads, I was under the impression that none was able to use the proxy for 2.42 apart from federicobj who posted "i have the 2.42 and i have no problem. PS: sorry for mi english" but never to follow up with any response.

And I assumed that most used the proxy by CF3B5 which I tried and it just downloaded the original F@H 50mb file. With 3r1c's, I have been able to get all that I've tried except for RnC: QFB.

And seeing how the PSN links is still updated, I was hoping to get an answer how people are transferring the larger pkg from their PC's.

Cheers

No prob... I know the people who update the PSN Links also check this section so hopefully someone who uses them will be able to help ya out.

hi guys,

I have been looking for an answer to this same issue because I have the firmware 2.42 too, if anyone could add more insights here it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

@ PS3 News
    Good to know... many thanks

@ surp22
    do you need help for Ratchet n Clank too? or for others? cos if its not RnC, I might be able to give some simple pointers on how to get it working on 2.42

EDIT
    @ PS3 News
    ah... i now see why you pointed me back to those threads
    tricky tricky
    tried the 2.35 method and its working like a charm
    thanks
    Last edited by tubbies; 09-08-2008 at 02:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tubbies View Post
    @ PS3 News
    Good to know... many thanks

@ surp22
    do you need help for Ratchet n Clank too? or for others? cos if its not RnC, I might be able to give some simple pointers on how to get it working on 2.42

EDIT
    @ PS3 News
    ah... i now see why you pointed me back to those threads
    tricky tricky
    tried the 2.35 method and its working like a charm
    thanks
    I was looking for a way to download any game on my 2.42 and not specifically Ratchet n Clank.

now I am able to download a large game using PS3proxy by doing the method described in the thread that PS3 news indicated, i.e download two games and pause the second etc... but I am not however able to install it because it always gives me an error.

anyway I might find it useful if you can tell me how do I get RnC working.
    thanks

well,my problem is,i can connect to internet with all the setting set to auto and without the proxy. but whenever i set up a proxy, the error occured. sucks. any help will do

@ surp22
    forget using the 3r1c proxy... it consumes way too much PC memory
    i followed the method for 2.35 from the link PS3 News pointed
    http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-on...ead-64977.html
    and it works without a flaw.. I was mislead by all posts saying it no longer works for the later firmware.

@ dwashere
    which ps3proxy did you use?
    I tried the one by CF3B5 again and used the method for v2.35 and worked without a glitch. you sure you typed in the correct PC IP address? double check it by running "cmd" and type "ipconfig".

yeah i'm very sure. i've used the CF3B5 proxy. can you just tell me what did you do? to make my ps3 go online i need to not use the proxy. if i use i will not be able to sign in psn, or even go to ps store.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast