Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Natepig Guest

3d Movies And Tv

I was very dissapointed with the 3d in my local theatre, but it seemed much better on a 50" tv. Do you think that the medium is destined to fail outside of movie theatres or is it just getting of to a slow start?

OGroteKoning Guest
    I am glad you brought this up. The last 3D movie I watched was Thor. Now I am all for advancements in the technological industry, but I am dissapointed with the level of 3D movies overall. If you want to screen a 3D movie, the screen should literally be so huge that it goes past your perpheral vision. This means that almost the whole theater will be a screen. Only then will you really have that effect of being alive in the movie. Hope you understand what I mean.

As for 3D TV's - I have never seen a 3D movie on a TV but I can just imagine that I will be dissapointed for the same reason as above.

Here is hoping it is merely a slow start like most new things ...

Natepig Guest
    I'm guessing that the effect is easier to produce good results with a smaller screen. I looked at some sports that were on display in costco, on a 50" and it looked cool. When I went to see Tron in my local theatre the 3d effect was minimal and at times seemed non existent. I like most people I have spoke to have no interest at all in getting 3d for my home, despite the massive drop in price.

DaedalusMinion Guest
    I had been to a gaming championship last week. Their sponsor was LG so obviously they had been fitted out with their latest 'Cinema 3D' TVs. After watching a short clip in those 55" LED 3D TVs, I now want to buy one. Why? Because, first of all, no friggin batteries in the glasses.

Second, amazing clarity. I mean, it was an experience compared to no other. Not even Real D 3D could match these screens. As soon as I get some cash, I'm getting me one.

Natepig Guest
    What gaming championship were you at?

I've never seen a modern 3D movie on TV either, just the ones from years ago with the blue and red glasses.

I think it's more likely a fad myself though.

elser1 Guest
    i haven't seen a 3d movie for 20 years also. i think the last one i saw was nightmare on elm st 4 or something.. i'd like a 3d tv myself, for kz3 etc.. but i agree with boss, i feel its more a fad as well.. every movie out atm is 3d..LOL

DaedalusMinion Guest
    Nate, a local one in Dubai.

HeyManHRU Guest
    I saw Transformers 3 at the movies a while ago in 3D. Wasn't worth the money imo.

Natepig Guest
    For sure the effect looks much better on tv's

Page 1 of 2 12 Last