I'm glad to announce an available development version which enables wireless play for 1.00 and 1.50 users. This way you will be able to play against other psp users using same access point or trought Internet agains other Unix/MAC/Windows/PSP users, enjoy.
I'm also hosting two servers "friendly" for PSP users, anyway you can also play on any "normal" PC server, but some of them use custom graphics, huge maps or other features not fully supported on PSP. Servers are:
* OpenTTD for PSP players Europe
* OpenTTD for PSP players USA
I have managed to play fine against pc users on a 256x512 map containing 3 companies with 54 trains, 30 planes and 43 road vehicles.
Remember this is a development version, so it could not work as expected, please report any not known issue.
* Access point selection interface is nasty
* Connection lost, isn't tolerated
* Servers window is to big to fit on screen
* It gets disconnected from some high load servers
* Doesn't have keyboard support
* Not tested with dhcp connections
* Some others I should be forgetting
* To change your network name, you must edit your openttd.cfg file and change the 'player_name' value
* To play this release using wireless you must start it with network switch enabled, or load with switch disabled to play single player.
* Most of times you should increase cpu speed by pressing "start + R trigger"
* Playing maps bigger than 512x512 isnt recommended
* Poor wireless signal means getting dropped on multiplayer games
OpenTTD is a clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", a popular
game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game
as closely as possible while extending it with new features.
OpenTTD is originaly developed by the openttd team and has been ported to the PSP
by Jaime Penalba. This code is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.0. For more information, see the file 'COPYING' included with every release and source download of the game.
To run OpenTTD it is *required* that you install certain files needed from the
original retail Transport Tycoon Deluxe, whether for DOS or Windows.
NOTE FOR 2.00 USERS: Some people using 2.00 report that they can save/load
while others cannot, it should work but it isnt not tested. You can try
changing your EBOOT Loader settings, to set cpu at 200 or 222Mhz by default, and
maybe some others. Please mail me if you manage to get it working on 2.00.
1.- Depending on your fw version, you must download a diferent openttd package
- FW 1.50 users must use openttd-psp_1.50
- FW 1.00 & 2.00 users must use openttd-psp_1.00_2.00
2.- Uncompress your matching package and copy the following files
- FW 1.50: copy "ottd/" and "ottd%/" folders to "/PSP/GAME"
- FW 1.00 & 2.00: copy "ottd/" folder to "/PSP/GAME"
3.- Now you must install some data files from the retail Transport Tycoon Deluxe
To install them you must copy the following files to "/PSP/GAME/ottd/data/"
* Required files: TRG1R.GRF, TRGCR.GRF, TRGHR.GRF, TRGIR.GRF, TRGTR.GRF, SAMPLE.CAT
NOTE FOR THOSE SUFFERING THE BRAZILIAN LANGUAGE ISSUE: If you are suffering
the brazilian language issue, you can use this workaround:
- Go to /PSP/GAME/ottd/lang folder
- Delete the file named "brazilian_portuguese.lng"
- Rename your desired .lng file to "brazilian_portuguese.lng"
- Digital pad: 1px movement
- Analog stick: 2px movement
- Cross: mouse left click
- Circle: mouse right click, hold it and press pad to move arround the map.
- Square: hold it and press pad or analog, to move a window.
- Triangle: Closes the window under mouse cursor.
- Cross + Square: ctrl + click, used for presignals
- L trigger: Zoom out
- R trigger: Zoom in
- L trigger + R trigger: Delete all non vital windows
- Start + L trigger: Change to lower system frequency
- Start + R trigger: Change to upper system frequency