EEUG has updated this media application for PS2. Simple Media System is a DivX/Xvid/MP3 player for the PS2.
- fixed quite nasty bug in the mpeg1/2 decoder (blocky artefacts in some cases). Thanks to
'orangpelupa' for the note and sample clips;
- fixed incorrect inclusion of folders into playlist upon "Play all audio" action; Thanks
to 'vsub' and 'dlanor' for the research/note;
- fixed stupid typo that prevented custom greek font to be loaded;
- added functionality to convert DOS character encodeing to Windows one. This allows correct
display of localized filenames while using SMB networking. 4 default conversion tables are
provided: CP866 CP1251 (DOSCyrilic WinCyrillic), CP737 CP1273 (DOSGreek WinGreek),
CP850 CP1252 (DOSLatin1 WinLatin1) and CP852 CP1250 (DOSLatin2 WinLatin2).
Custom conversion tables are supported in form of 'cyrillic.mtx', 'greek.mtx', 'latin2.mtx' and
'latin1.mtx' files placed in mc:/SMS folder. These can be generated by 'SMSCP.exe' Win32
command line application which is also provided. It's usage is pretty simple. For example to
generate 'cyrillic.mtx' file use following command: 'SMSCP 866 1252 cyrillic.mtx'. 866 means
codepage ID for DOS and 1252 - codepage ID for Windows. If character charset is changed while
browsing SMB share then manual directory rescan is required (leave and enter folder of interest
while in SMS browser). Apparently this stuff also depends on 'Regional setings' of the SMB server;
- added '?' character replacement by appropriate region letter for 'mc0:/B?DATA-SYSTEM' string
for user defined language file (if that string is present);
- implemented exception handler that is invoked if something goes terribly wrong with SMS.
It displays some technical information about the exception that can help to fix the problem.
There's a possibility either to reboot SMS (if it was launched from a memory card) or exit to
the PS2 browser;
- fixed corrupted background image issue. Thanks to 'MrJiggles' for the semark and sample fileSponsored Links