Vilvic Media Center
New media center for PS3 and Wii.
There are two files that are important to VMC.
server.xml in the config directory. This is the main configuration file and is fairly straight forward to follow.
playlist.xml is the music directory is an example playlist file. Create one of these for every playlist you want. It's tracks has three attributes title, creator and location. The location
must start with /file/ for VMC to know where to locate the file.
18th March 2007 - vmc_1_0_4beta
* Fixed the problem with streaming mp3's.
* Added support for very large files - should be able to handle files up to 8388607 terrabytes!. (in theory)
* When the PS3 sends a request to VMC for a file there is a header placed at the beginning of this file. In this header it specifies the size of the file. It appears if this number is 4294967296L (4gb)
or bigger then the file fails to download. So the solution to the problem is to not return the file size for files equal to or bigger than 4gb. What happens for files of 4gb is that the progress bar goes straight to 100% but you will notice that circle thing in the top right is rotating. It is actually downloading at this point. When it has finsihed you will get the usual message that the download has complete. The strange thing is that it reports that the file is 0k but fortunately it is lying. Go to the video menu on the PS3 and check the file size and it's the correct size.
* Out of interest on my local PC the through put is approximately 4Mb per second.
* Removed the attribute replacespaces from directories and folders (it served no purpose).
* Added new attribute filesystemicon to the server for Unix and Mac users where it is unable to retrieve the file system icon. This has added two new images that can be skinned (folder.png and file.png). It is also worth mentioning that if you have large directories and it is taking a while to
load the page set this option to yes and you will see an improvement in performance. The changes made in this release appear to make the icons load quicker (but atleast you have the option to switch it off).
* Fixed the problem on Unix (and hopefully Mac) where the file server was struggling to locate files.
* Removed the attribute replacespaces from directories and folders (it served no purpose). Added new attribute filesystemicon to the server for Unix and Mac users where it is unable to retrieve the file system icon. This has added two new images that can be skinned (folder.png and file.png).
* Added parameter to vmc.jar to specify the location of the server.xml. Now works properly with Unix and Mac.
* Initial release
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?