Well, this has been sitting idle for a while, still a few bugs, missing a few non-listed features, but works well.
It is an installable otheros.bld file, which runs a custom application on the PS3.
• Web Interface (via HTTP) that lets you do all of the below featured!
• Check Blu-Ray Disk size
• Format internal PS3 HDD
• Back-up iSO to internal PS3 HDD
• Back-up iSO to external EXT3 HDD
• Back-up iSO via wired network, to Windows Network Share
• Explore HDD (Linux side), and download files to a PC.
• Explore Blu-Ray Disks, and download files to a PC (with UDF 2.5 Support!)
Note: With SAK v1.00 you can now dump your PS3/Blu-Ray disc images without installing PS3 Linux, however, you must still format the PS3 HDD prior (as if you were going to install PS3 Linux) in order to install/use the OtherOS-- this is a $ony requirement unfortunately.
Not so "feature" features:
• Reboot console
• Reboot console to PS3OS
• Poweroff console
Copy to /PS3/OTHEROS/ on a memory stick, CD-R etc, with the $ony otheros.self, and run "Install Other OS" from Settings > System Settings of the XMB. Then set default boot to OtherOS, reboot, and it will run!
PS3 Other OS Installer: ps3news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3544
1) Use EXT3 Formatted External HDD
2) Use FAT32 Formatted External HDD
3) Use Windows Network Share
4) Backup to PS3 HDD
5) Get Blu-Ray Disc Size
6) HTTP Server Information
F) Format PS3 HDD - EXT3 (OtherOS Partition)
E) Exit, Return to PS3OS
P) Exit, Poweroff Console
R) Exit, Reboot Console
Note: You must have the Caps Lock ON when selecting a letter, or hold Shift down. Also, if you let it sit on the menu screen idle it will give you a black screen (the screensaver built-in) after a few minutes so be aware of this.
FAT32 backup via Web is non-working atm (will in next rls, ran out of time to implement!)
To be Fixed:
NTFS write support, its enabled, but is totally broken, crashes the PS3 (so it's hidden)
"Whoops!" checks (to make sure the user isnt trying to back-up a Blu-Ray to the PS3 flash etc!)
When installing this, it removes any previous otheros.bld, possibly making linux refuse to boot, just reinstall your otheros.bld from linux distro, and your back in action!
There will be more to come (updates, new additions, patches etc), but I need user feedback, can't get every bug myself!
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?