XeXMenu v1.0 (Formerly Xexloader) Now with FTP Support
This weekend Team XeDEV released their new homebrew XBox 360 dashboard dubbed XeXMenu v1.0 (formerly Xexloader) with FTP support and more.
Download: XeXMenu v1.0 / XeXMenu v1.0 [Mirror]
To quote: You might be wondering why it's XeDEV who are releasing this.. Since some people left the team, they don't want to retain the "freexex" name anymore. Also changed the name to XeXMenu (this is because XeXLoader is now much more of a menu than just a loader). So enjoy the new stuff :
- Gametitle extraction from NXEART if possible (toggle)
- Games with more than just one XEX will show up multiple times
* Embedded FTP Server to transfer your stuff directly from your computer
- Use xbox:[email protected]:21
* Use FTP to read/write/delete your onboard flash
- Only user flash/flash is able to do that!
* Support for all found XEX files. Not just default.xex (toggle)
* Shows the content of any GAMES folder on any device
- Use GAMES, APPLICATIONS, EMULATORS for auto discovery menu on each device
* Switch between games/apps/emus in the discovery menu using RB/LB
* Auto scale skins for most resolutions (toggle)
* Different help screens for each menu
* Use DPad to switch between devices while browsing files
* Xbox1 compatibility partition support (if exists)
- Xbox1 partition known as "HddX"
* Alphanumeric listing for files
* No more XEX auto patching when copying DVDs
* Manual XEX patching for freeBOOT users
* Configuration menu
* Real XBox save system for the configuration
- Gamesave known as "Unkown Xbox Game"
* Chose between different skins from the configuration menu
* Support for own skins
* many more things we can't remember
Press "BACK" for detailed help pages!
Note: If you only get a black screen on startup try to delete the XeXMenu savegame known as "Unknown Xbox Game" using system tab in dash.
There are some issues with the FTP upload speed for some people at the moment. We're still working on that. This will be fixed in further releases!
LIVE) Copy the C0DE9999 folder to HDD1:/Partition3/Content/0000000000000000/
... or use the XEX version
FTP) To prevent the Xbox from connecting to Xbox Live you can set up your network as follows:
- Use an IP adress outside your routers DHCP IP pool. If your router use 192.168.1.100-200 for DHCP you could use 192.168.1.210
- Set up your computers IP as gateway.
The XBox should be able to connect to your computer now but won't get access to the internet. If you have a second NIC just make a direct connection to be sure
Use xbox:[email protected]:21 to connect
More PlayStation 3 News...
Just downladed it and installed it, great addition to the scene, with ftp access you can ditch away the dl dvds and just copy directly to the hdd of the xbox or usb hd...
Now we only need a proper .iso extractor, because current extractors are not as good in my opinion but they do the work. This menu is becoming a hacked dashboard and functionality is better than the original dash.
You still need the old firmware, right? I'm so pissed I got a newer one. Stupid me...
I'm really sorry that the xbox is so unreliable and thank god I'm not electronic-soldering challenged so I can repair my console any time I want. I really feel the xbox can only run a couple of hours before we have to shut it down to cool itself. And imagine XBMC360 failing when watching a movie or show with your girlfriend can be a disaster and a mood breaker. But its a really nice toy to play around and a great learning experience.
I can't wait for OpenXBL
Just to let everyone know it helps a lot to make the FAN MOD which consists in shorting out some points in the mother board and getting the fan to run at full speed all the time. It helps greatly and my temperatures after a couple of minutes of idleing according to xexmenu are:
So I recommend making the fan mod to avoid RRODs. Cheers
you can do a 12 volt that will move more air and keep them cooler or you can do replacement fans that do 12 volt
Sweet app for those who can use it