As first reported just over a week ago, today the new iXtreme v1.5 is now available for owners of Lite-On DG-16D2S drives.
This iXtreme Firmware update finally hacks the previously 'unhackable' Lite-On XBox 360 DVD drive, and it's compatible with Samsung and BenQ drives too. Finally, according to reports a version which supports Hitachi will be available in January, 2009.
Download: XBox 360 Lite-On Drive iXtreme v1.5 Firmware
TEAM JUNGLE Presents IXtreme 1.5 firmware- World's first IXtreme fw for the unhackable Liteon drive! Also for Benq and Samsung drives!
This has been a huge effort by everyone in Team Jungle comprising of the best talent in the world. It has been a privilege to work in the team which has enabled us to get to this point. Truly a worldwide effort and the greatest hack that I have been involved in!
- Support for Liteon DG-16D2S unhackable drive
- Flash from Windows with new Jungleflasher GUI
- Smart Inquiry cdb for enhanced spoofing - Liteon
- Enhanced c/r timing - all drives
- Enhanced disc jitter - all drives
- Enhanced spoofing support for Liteon - Samsung and Benq
- Enhanced bad angle support - all drives
- Secret Liteon MS Inquiry cdb support - Samsung and Benq
- Half Open tray on powerup for Windows inquiry/flash mode - all drives
- Disc lock/unlock cdb - Liteon Windows mode
- Drive key+serial info cdb - Liteon Windows mode
- More secure firmguard - Benq
Hitachi 1.5 is set to be released shortly. Hold onto your pants Hitachi owners! :) More PlayStation 3 News...