Today Nintendo has released Wii System Menu version 4.3, which like past updates isn't homebrew friendly, and so Waninkoko has released a new Firmware Updater to allow users to update their Wii consoles without jeopardizing homebrew channel applications.
Download: Wii Firmware Updater v4.3 / Wii Firmware Updater v4.3 (Bug Fix)
Below are the changes Wii System Menu v4.3 introduces:
- Deletes the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC, and DISK.
- Now uses IOS80.
- IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deleted.
- Fixed Bannerbomb less stupidly this time.
- Added IOS58.
- HackMii Installer Userland+Syscall IOS exploit removed
- ES_AddTitleFinish now checks the signature (Trucha Bug Restorer and similar won't work anymore)
Those who didn't use Waninkoko's application above may encounter "Wii Error:004". According to Nintendo, this error code indicates the system is attempting to load unauthorized software. Unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair game play or the Wii console and should be removed.
More PlayStation 3 News...