Wii Homebrew Launcher released!
hell_hibou has released a new homebrew loader for the Nintendo Wii. Named the Wii Homebrew Launcher, this application will allow you to select and load multiple ELF (Nintendo Wii Homebrew) files from the front SD Card slot in your Nintendo Wii.
This Loader takes an unique approach at loading as it allows you to create custom names for each homebrew title.
Not sure if how this works. Not had a chance to play with it yet. I've run the read me through a translator below....
Wii Homebrew Launcher is a similar interface has that of Wii making it possible to launch of Homebrew since the ' Face-SD'. Each Homerew east represents in the form of chain personnalisable. Installation
- Copy the file boot.elf from a chart SD.
- Create a file homebrew has the root of the SD.
For each Homebrew:
- Create under file in the file Homebrew (8 characters max)
- To copy the Elf file in this repertory and to re-elect it the boot.elf
- [ Optional ] to give a name to the hombrew, creer a file title.txt, publish it and enter the name which you want.
- [ Optional ] to give a specific icon, create an image of 132x95 pixels to the format bmp 24 bits. Name the title.bmp and to copy it in the repertory of the homebrew. Use Navigation is done using a GameCube lever.
- UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT: To select Homebrew
- a: To launch selected Homebrew
- R/L: To change page (if + of 11 Homebrew)
Wii Homebrew Launcher v0.3
A new version of Wii Homebrew Launcher is available.
Wii Homebrew Launcher v0.4 - with WiiMoteSupport released!
Changelog, translated from French to English:
Wii Homebrew Launcher v0.5
From hell_hibou, this tool will allow you to select and load multiple ELF files from the front SD Card slot in your Nintendo Wii. The graphical style mimics the Wii channel view. Optional Channel version included.
Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.6
Hell_Hibou has released a new version of his homebrew launcher for the Nintendo Wii. He's fixed some memory bugs from his previous release. One could use this as an alternative to the Homebrew Channel.
Following various bug appeared in version 0.5, I just put online version 0.6 of Wii Homebrew Launcher. The problems encountered in version 0.5 is due to mismanagement of memory, I implement a memory manager to manage and use the memory MEM2 of the Wii, leaving a maximum of conventional memory to load homebrew.
In addition, the library LIBOGC was last for days and benefit from the rapid initialization of the wiimote (more pressing need (1) + (2)).
Wii Homebrew Launcher v0.11 released
Hell Hibou has updated Wii Homebrew Launcher to v0.11:
Wii Homebrew Launcher v0.12
Hell Hibou has released a new version of Wii Homebrew Launcher.