Videos: Nintendo Wii WODE Demos, WODE Review Coming
A few weeks ago we announced news of the new Nintendo Wii WODE alongside the WODE Jukebox.
Today we have a few videos of the WODE in action. The first is from the Defcon1 demonstration of WODE loading and playing GameCube games from a USB HDD (NTFS formatted).
The second video below demonstrates "The Impossible Mission" where the WODE demo loads Metroid Prime Trilogy from an NTFS game image.
Finally, our Wii Forum Moderator cfwprophet will soon be posting a WODE review on our dedicated PS3 News Reviews page.
Until then, heck out the videos below!
More PlayStation 3 News...
amazing.. wonder how much this will cost?
10-14-2009 #3Banned User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
79,90 € incl. the vertical stand.
and here a little bit of information:
- Play Wii & GC game ISOs direct from USB Mass Storage
devices @8X read speed (HDD and FLASH drive)
- Complete Solder free install solution
- Easy to use GUI - LCD & Joystick - NO homebrew software
required (no any update of console SO can block this device)
- Region hack, Update blocker, Autoboot.
- Passthrough with FLAT-MOD mode built-in, play your DVD-R
Wii & GC backups and Imports @3X read speed
- Totally Flexible Linux Kernel
- USB hub support for multiple USB devices connection
- Great File System support - use existing WBFS formatted
media or 'drag and drop' ISOs to existing USB devices
- Future updates will bring more cool features:
* Disc ripping to WBFS
* USB WiFi & SAMBA streaming
* Torrent & eMule download Client
Official WODE-JUKEBOX STREETPRICE will be 70/80 eur -
the Kit for sales will include:
1pc WODE MAIN BOARD to install inside Wii case like a FLAT
1pc 32pins flat cable to connect wode to WII dvd drive
1pc 32pins flat cable to connect WODE Main-Board to external
WODE Vertical Stand
1pc. USB power cable
1pc. Wii SPECIAL VERTICAL STAND that include inside WODE
SLAVE BOARD with LCD screen, USB connector, SD/SDHC CARD
slot and navigation-Joystick
Hardware specs of WODE is:
- ACTEL A3P125 FPGA (manage bridge to Wii drive data bus)
- MCU NXP LPC3143 - 270 MHz, 32-bit ARM926EJ-S - 128AES
- 512 SDRAM DDR
- 4Mbyte SPI flash (the firmware of WODE)
- SD CARD SLOT (used like drive C: for linux and extra
- USB 2.0 support
- LCD 128x64 pixels w/ backlight
Let's go with PREORDERS NOW! WODE
This is a great idea, you won't have to worry about future updates and game not compatible.
i find it abit pricy $100.00 + the cost of a HDD ($100) to play your backup of games you already paid for. and how much would the Technician charge for his service. i hope they find a cheaper solution.
I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Looking forward to the full review.
@comhen: $100 isn't too pricey when you factor in peace of mind that your original discs stay safe and you don't have to buy another copy of a game because someone broke a disc.