Video: WODE - Wii Optical Drive Emulator Announced
WODE (Wii Optical Drive Emulator) has been announced, an exciting evolution of the Wii modchip.
WODE will include a Flatmod type mainboard that attaches (solderless) to the Wii drive cable similar to other available chips.
It also comes with it's own vertical stand that harnesses a slave board with built-in LCD, USB, and SD slot. The SD card is used to house the powerful Linux-based WODE software.
- Play Wii & GC game ISOs direct from USB Mass Storage devices @8X read speed (HDD and FLASH drive)
- Complete Solder free install solution
- Easy to use GUI - LCD & Joystick - NO homebrew software required (no any update of console SO can block this device )
- Region hack, Update blocker, Autoboot.
- Passthrough with FLAT-MOD mode built-in, play your DVD-R Wii & GC backups and Imports @3X read speed
- Powerful ARM9 MCU
- Totally Flexible Linux Kernel
- USB hub support for multiple USB devices connection
- Great File System support - use existing WBFS formatted media or 'drag and drop' ISOs to existing USB devices
Future updates will bring more cool features:
- Disc ripping to WBFS
- USB WiFi & SAMBA streaming
- Torrent & eMule download Client
Here is a YouTube video showing the development hardware.
More PlayStation 3 News...