Video: New XBox 360 Hack AP2.5 Exploit Defeats Game Protection
Last week we reported on a new XBox 360 video game protection, and today SoulHeaven at Logic-Sunrise.com (linked above) shared a hack that allows users to bypass Microsoft's new AP2.5 dashboard 12611 update via exploit to play Fable 3 using a chip.
To quote, roughly translated: This hack requires the use of the chip x360SED v1.0 created by SoulHeaven and will be sold within a few days exclusively on Librasoft Consoles and LS Store.
The principle is simple:
- Install the chip x360SED between the 360 mainboard and the DVD player, and solder the one wire on the sync button on the console controllers
- Install your Fable III on your console's hard drive (From an original or a backup)
- Insert the game Fable III until it is recognized by the dashboard (Image of the game while taking the square)
- Press the sync button levers to eject the game Fable III
- Insert an original game Xbox 360 (Any), press again and the sync button controllers
- Press A to start the game Fable III starts without worries.
Those interested can check out the POC video below of it in action!
More PlayStation 3 News...
yeah, hope the new firmware come out soon b/c soldering just to play games = too much work for me lol, I still have my jtag tho.
i read that this is working now but it still can get you banned. Because afterwards it's still checks for the ap2.5 securtity.
Newer methods may emerge soon, which makes this a bit easier to do.
I'm not sure i understand, my niece has this dashboard i updated her to i got from xbox sky tracker and her console is banned and fable 3 plays just fine? So i'm confused, you can't play it online ?